Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window rolls up after lowering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my '15 S85D, my passenger window keeps rolling up within a few minutes of me lowering it...without me using the switch. There are no unusual noises. I just can't get the window to stay down. I have tried recalibrating with no luck. I have not found anyone else online with the same exact problem, though many seem to experience the windows rolling down

Believe it or not---sometimes the puddle lights can cause the issue.
Do you have aftermarket puddle lights? If so--Swap the one you took out---or swap with another door to see if that fixes it.
I know on Model 3 and Y it can....and I think I noticed it on my previous Model S a little.
Obviously, you have done a reboot?

Upvote 0
I have the opposite issue with the passenger window - if I open it, it won't close unless I also open the door. Looks like some part of the rubber? lining is blocking it and the resistance reverses the motor. I am not sure the same thing could happen in the other direction, but if you haven't tried opening the window with the door open, it's worth a test.

Upvote 0
I have the opposite issue with the passenger window - if I open it, it won't close unless I also open the door. Looks like some part of the rubber? lining is blocking it and the resistance reverses the motor. I am not sure the same thing could happen in the other direction, but if you haven't tried opening the window with the door open, it's worth a test.
Mine rolls down fine. No weird noise or difficulty. Usually, within five minutes, it stealthily rolls back up. I usually don't even notice until I look over and realize it got me again

Upvote 0
It opens and closes perfectly. It just randomly closes a few minutes after I open it

Upvote 0
It opens and closes perfectly. It just randomly closes a few minutes after I open i
Do you have aftermarket puddle lights? If so--Swap the one you took out---or swap with another door to see if that fixes it.
I know on Model 3 and Y it can....and I think I noticed it on my previous Model S a little.
I have done a reboot, though this did start around the time of the last software update

Upvote 0
Oh, I have zero mods outside of tinting and powder coating the wheels, both done three years ago

Upvote 0