Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows ajar info.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who wants their mobile app to inform the user when one or more windows are either opened or just ajar. Would have saved me from coming back to the car to dry off a soaked rear door....it could be an easy update to implement, because the interface already knows when windows are up or down when you enter the car...??!!

Attachments

• 20190504_101311.jpg
    20190504_101311.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 58
It would be a great security feature as well as a way to keep your seats dry. Thumbs up!

I also would like to be able to roll my windows up or down remotely. Getting the hot air out of the car or closing the windows if it starts to rain would be a great feature (other cars can do this.)

Reactions: OPRCE
It would be a great security feature as well as a way to keep your seats dry. Thumbs up!

I also would like to be able to roll my windows up or down remotely. Getting the hot air out of the car or closing the windows if it starts to rain would be a great feature (other cars can do this.)
Actually if I'm not mistaken you can let them down but NOT up in other cars. A safety issue since a child might have their fingers in and you have no way to see this. I think with all cars you MUST be in line of sight to put them up. I had a Mercedes that was this way.

EDIT: Just to add my ELR allow the widows up/down on the key fob (line of sight) but NOT using the app.

Since Tesla has sensors it could use the neural network to learn to know when it is safe to put them up.

My 2002 Altima was able to lower the 2 dront windows when you were approaching the car. That was a nice feature. And 17 years ago...

Actually if I'm not mistaken you can let them down but NOT up in other cars. A safety issue since a child might have their fingers in and you have no way to see this. I think with all cars you MUST be in line of sight to put them up. I had a Mercedes that was this way
Not sure about the law in US, jn the country I’m from the law requires that if a minimum force is applied to the window while going up then the window should go down. This is a safety feature in case kids stick their neck and somebody try to close the window at the same time, basically same system as garage door. I thin Tesla could implement this for safety and allow us to close everything from remote