TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Windows don't always go all the way up when door is closed

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Trevor B, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

I've noticed this a few times when closing the door (from outside).

The window stays in the lowered position it was when the door was opened. If I close the door a 2nd time, it goes back up.

I have the latest firmware (2018.26.3 be4b11e) update, fwiw

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

3. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Don't have my Model 3 yet but do remember this type of issue on the Model S forum. Someone had an explanation there how to reset the windows. I'll see if I can find the thread otherwise do a search on the other forum.

5. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

This is the process I remember reading about in the Model S forum. BTW this has happened to me in my Toyota Avalon and I did this and it cleared it.

If your window buttons wouldn't work at all, which doesn't seem to be your situation, it might be due to a button regulator which would require a service visit. Here's the post from a guy in that situation:

6. El Doggo

El Doggo New Member

I just had the same issue with my new Model 3. The front passenger window stayed down (on a rainy day) and I came back to a wet seat.

I hope/suggest that a future upgrade allows for a Notification to be sent when we walk away from the car with a partially open door and/or window