Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
I at times would much rather view things on my PC, rather than the small screen of a phone. I was able to load the bluestacks android emulator onto my Windows PC
and this allowed me to load the Tesla app. I now have full control of my PW's while on my PC rather than having to be on my phone. Very cool. And I can get larger screen shots :)

e2.jpg

Reactions: drewpix and cobra
I've done the same - using the Bluestacks android emulator on my PC - and run several additional android apps on my PC so I can control those devices also. The PowerWall companion has some nice features, but doesn't provide 100% of the functionality. Plus the Tesla app can also access our S and X...

I've done the same - using the Bluestacks android emulator on my PC - and run several additional android apps on my PC so I can control those devices also. The PowerWall companion has some nice features, but doesn't provide 100% of the functionality. Plus the Tesla app can also access our S and X...
I had not tried an android emulator for a long time. Boy have they advanced. Works on the PC just like my phone.

Instead of loading Bluestacks, you might also check out Your Phone app. It lets you mirror your phone on your Windows 10 desktop, run all apps, remote control your phone, etc.

I think it comes as part of Windows, so nothing to install.
Screenshot 2021-03-26 093359.png

I've tried both Your Phone and the older Alienware Mobile Connect apps to mirror android apps on Windows - and that doesn't work as well as using the android emulator - plus you can use the emulator even if your phone isn't present.

If Tesla would provide the same functionality with the GW web interface as the Tesla mobile app, accessing the GW via the browser would be a great alternative.

Unfortunately, the GW web interface is only a subset of the app functionality - and that's true even in the installer interface.

If Tesla would provide the same functionality with the GW web interface as the Tesla mobile app, accessing the GW via the browser would be a great alternative.

Unfortunately, the GW web interface is only a subset of the app functionality - and that's true even in the installer interface.
Yep, nothing in the customer or installer interfaces that do much. Oh well, at least we have easy alternatives.

The web interface is basically useful only to get the system configured at installation and to configure the network interface.

Plus, the GW web interface uses a different algorithm for calculating the charge percentage.

The only time customers likely need to use the web interface will be if they change their WiFi - and they need to update the WiFi settings on the GW.

Though... It would be very useful for Tesla to provide access to more details about the operations of the system - which they could do on the GW, without making the mobile app too complicated...

The web interface is basically useful only to get the system configured at installation and to configure the network interface.

Plus, the GW web interface uses a different algorithm for calculating the charge percentage.

The only time customers likely need to use the web interface will be if they change their WiFi - and they need to update the WiFi settings on the GW.

Though... It would be very useful for Tesla to provide access to more details about the operations of the system - which they could do on the GW, without making the mobile app too complicated...
The other time the GW interface is useful is during a power outage if your Gateway (and/or your house) loses access to the internet. You can still see the SoC of the powerwalls and manage your consumption accordingly.