Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen fogging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just taken delivery of model 3 SR+ 2 weeks ago, I’ll save the range questions for another time, but I am having a problem with windscreen fogging.
I’ve read a tonne of info on various forums about this, but mine is a little different and not whilst the car has been parked. I have an hour commute to work each way and about 5 mins from reaching home (same spot each time homeward commute) the car completely fogs up out of nowhere.
I have been leaving the climate in auto each way to work, driving to work is usually daylight mid morning (and is fine) and home is usually at night with fairly cool temps to the Mornington peninsular.

Anyone had this problem or have any suggestions? If I hit the demist button, it lethargically demists the windscreen, I’ve only had success by going to manual with the a/c and forcing the air up and then it rapidly demists.
Just seems odd that it’s occurring at exactly the same spot each night.

No creek/river. It is at a roundabout where I come off from doing 100km for the last hour to 60km, and then goes uphill quickly. This all happens at the base of the hill though. In fact I’ve had to pull over each time to demist before I could actually climb the hill. I would have suspected if it was an area of cold air, this would affect all cars not just mine??

No creek/river. It is at a roundabout where I come off from doing 100km for the last hour to 60km, and then goes uphill quickly. This all happens at the base of the hill though. In fact I’ve had to pull over each time to demist before I could actually climb the hill. I would have suspected if it was an area of cold air, this would affect all cars not just mine??
Sounds like you are hitting a temperature inversion. If that is the case it would affect all cars, although the extent will depend on default internal air flows. I didn’t know about the double tap demise thing, it may be a solution.

I’m not a fan of tesla auto gadgets. The auto aircon, auto wipers, auto high beam, and auto cruise control just arent very good. lucky the rest of the car makes up for it.
Have you tried setting your aircon for manual control and on demist before you arrive at the roundabout? Sounds like a low point in the terrain so colder air.