Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen Wash Fluid Pouring Onto Driver's Side Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I have an issue that I wanted to run by everyone on here before taking further. Whenever I spray my windscreen (single burst) moving from 10-70 MPH, the fluid pours down my drivers side window (or into the car if I forget and do it when the window is open). This is not an insignificant amount of fluid either. I've never had this issue with other cars and it's starting to really frustrate me. It either soaks me if the window is open or leaves a ton of streaks on the side window.

I did a service request with Tesla a few weeks ago and the mobile tech said he thought it was normal and nothing could be done. This doesn't feel "right" to me and I wanted to see what everyone else' experience was before deciding on filing a new service request.

IMG_0114.jpeg

I've certainly had this with cars in the past so I don't use the washers with the windows open! Isn't it inevitable?

I should be clearer, I've had it too but only if I've held on and really done a massive spray. But normal single pulls/sprays didn't do this to me in previous cars (Skoda Octavia, Skoda Superb and VW Tiguan over past 10 years). This is happening literally every time with the Model 3.

To add to everybody else's valuable insight, I think the fact that the nozzle is on the leading edge of the wipers and not shooting from the front (bonnet) means that less of it runs straight back down the windscreen as the blade moves across, so you end up with more on the surface by the time the wipers make it to the driver's side (if you see what I mean).

It is annoying but not enough for me to regret buying the car :) as dcvidmc said - you get used to it (I have after 8 months of ownership - and it has taken about that long to do so too!)

OK so I have an issue that I wanted to run by everyone on here before taking further. Whenever I spray my windscreen (single burst) moving from 10-70 MPH, the fluid pours down my drivers side window (or into the car if I forget and do it when the window is open). This is not an insignificant amount of fluid either. I've never had this issue with other cars and it's starting to really frustrate me. It either soaks me if the window is open or leaves a ton of streaks on the side window.

I did a service request with Tesla a few weeks ago and the mobile tech said he thought it was normal and nothing could be done. This doesn't feel "right" to me and I wanted to see what everyone else' experience was before deciding on filing a new service request.

View attachment 560065
Its not right, probably a by-product of the cars exquisite aerodynamics...similar to the way the mud completely goes round my front mud flaps!! and sandblasts the cills (rocker panels)