Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield blocks transponder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently moved to new community with gates that open by a transponder (Transcore) strip placed in the upper left hand corner of the windshield.

I haven't been able to get this system to work for me. A person at the HOA told me Tesla windshields block these transponders.

When I use the Easy Pass box-type transponders I've never had a problem. This is the first time I've had a strip attached to the windshield like this.

Anybody heard of this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 170
I also put my toll lane transponder (EZ Pass) at the top of the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror. Did not have a (technical) problem paying $41.95 in tolls to drive back from Chicago! The EZpass flex also worked for HOV on the 395 express lanes in Northern VA.

Put it in the back?

The rear window isn't metallic coated, and you can velcro it to the parcel shelf (underneath) so it's out of the way.

I got tired of calling our local folks here to complain, and it's worked wonderfully there ever since.

Put it in the back?

The rear window isn't metallic coated, and you can velcro it to the parcel shelf (underneath) so it's out of the way.

I got tired of calling our local folks here to complain, and it's worked wonderfully there ever since.
That’s good to know. You haven’t had any issues with that? I have mine behind my nose cone and it doesn’t work there.

That’s good to know. You haven’t had any issues with that? I have mine behind my nose cone and it doesn’t work there.

Zero issues with reading the transponder. I have a license plate mount (ugly so not installed) and a signal booster under the nose cone too - but flat out on the parcel shelf in that rear window works just great :)