Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about my windshield…have a 2019 M3 long range and my windshield has what looks like speckles all over it. Can’t be cleaned off with anything out there. Sometimes gives a bad reflection off the sun too. Any ideas what his might be? Thank yo in advance.

Question about my windshield…have a 2019 M3 long range and my windshield has what looks like speckles all over it. Can’t be cleaned off with anything out there. Sometimes gives a bad reflection off the sun too. Any ideas what his might be? Thank yo in advance.
I have the same thing. I only notice when the sun hits it just right, and then it's like, "Whoa!"

I'm sure it's micro chips from small debris that's been hitting the windshield for years. I haven't found any way to make it better.

Reactions: fixxxer78
It sounds like you windshield is pitted. It happens over time especially if you live in an area with lots of blowing sand. Check with your insurance agent because in some states windshield replacement is automatically covered by your insurance. No cost to you and no increase in your premium. You can't "repair" a pitted windshield it has to be replaced

Reactions: fixxxer78