Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield sun shade same as model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having both a Covercraft and a Heatshield, while I love the perfect fit, I hate that they’re huge and unwieldy. The HeatShield in particular can be difficult to roll up if you don’t get it tight enough at the start, and both take up a good bit of room in the car to store it.

If you’re willing to tolerate a less perfect fit, I really like this, which I’ve used in my S and Y and a friend’s 3. It has great coverage on the 3/Y, but a touch small for the S.

EcoNour Tesla Windshield Sunshade for Model 3/S/X/Y with Pouch Amazon.com: EcoNour Tesla Windshield Sunshade for Model 3/S/X/Y with Pouch | Sun Visor Blocks UV Rays to Keep Your Vehicle Cool and Damage Free | Easy to Use Car Accessories | Best Fit for Tesla Cars: Automotive
It provides 95% coverage and easily packs up into a little 10” circle.
Just got my Y and I've always used HeatShield in my other cars but they can be unwieldy and a problem to store especially if your car is full of passengers. Do you have a pic with it in place for the Y?

Reactions: cancoi
I've been using this one -- it works well, folds up small and is easy to install.