Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Tint Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my windshield tinted the other day at a shop just outside of Boston. I got the 3M Crystaline film, however, I think they messed up. It's been 24 hour and i still have moister in the front camera unit, is this normal? Also several spots on the shields that bubbled or scratches. What are your experiences with tinting the windshield? Side note, the side windows tint are great, 20%...Do i need to give the windshield more time?

Attachments

• IMG_1548 (1).jpg
    IMG_1548 (1).jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1547 (1).jpg
    IMG_1547 (1).jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 100
I got my windshield tinted the other day at a shop just outside of Boston. I got the 3M Crystaline film, however, I think they messed up. It's been 24 hour and i still have moister in the front camera unit, is this normal? Also several spots on the shields that bubbled or scratches. What are your experiences with tinting the windshield? Side note, the side windows tint are great, 20%...Do i need to give the windshield more time?

Looks like they pushed the moisture into the camera housing when they were squeegeeing the installation spray out from underneath. The camera glass is heated so try running the heat and rear window/mirror defrost.

7C117A85-4D9E-48AC-BC14-AEC52E8E5C19.jpeg