Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wiper fluid gets all over car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes this happens to me too, but I have a grey one so it's not as noticeable, but it is noticeable on the silver trim. Also found out the hard way to not run the wiper fluid while your window is open...it'll get all over the door inside the car.

That happens to many vehicles. I've had some get all over my hood before (from the car in front of me).
Regrettably you have to sometime figure out the best speed to use it at. Not sure about the Tesla, but some of the jets on other vehicles can be bent for better application.

Funny you mention this, I have the same problem. This is my first white car, so I have to ask... is it normal for it to leave blue residue, or is the stuff Tesla using dyed extra blue or what? I’m always reluctant to use it because of this.

I have never had a car with windshield wiper fluid this dark of a color. I have a jug of some that is lightish yellow that I hope to refill the car with as soon as its current supply runs out.

Side note - saw you're in Charlotte, I'm just outside the city myself. Maybe we'll see each other on the road one day ;)