TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Windshield wiper fluid gets all over car?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by KFORE, Jul 13, 2018.

1. KFORE

KFORE Member

Whenever I use the windshield wiper fluid, the blue liquid ends up all over the driver side door and causes major streaking on my pearl white finish. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

Yep. My tip would be to try to only run it at a light so there isn’t as much liquid that can stream quite as far.

3. halfricanguy

halfricanguy MSM Model 3

Yes this happens to me too, but I have a grey one so it's not as noticeable, but it is noticeable on the silver trim. Also found out the hard way to not run the wiper fluid while your window is open...it'll get all over the door inside the car.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

That happens to many vehicles. I've had some get all over my hood before (from the car in front of me).
    Regrettably you have to sometime figure out the best speed to use it at. Not sure about the Tesla, but some of the jets on other vehicles can be bent for better application.

5. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

Funny you mention this, I have the same problem. This is my first white car, so I have to ask... is it normal for it to leave blue residue, or is the stuff Tesla using dyed extra blue or what? I’m always reluctant to use it because of this.

6. halfricanguy

halfricanguy MSM Model 3

I have never had a car with windshield wiper fluid this dark of a color. I have a jug of some that is lightish yellow that I hope to refill the car with as soon as its current supply runs out.

Side note - saw you're in Charlotte, I'm just outside the city myself. Maybe we'll see each other on the road one day ;)

7. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

Yeah, be aware of motorcycle riders! We get the blue shower quite often. It doesn't matter what vehicle, they are all offenders.

• Informative x 1