Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i know for most of us its still crazy hot but winter weather will be here soon enough for a lot of us.

what the consensus for best winter tires, and place to get tires/wheel combos? any of the vendors here run winter sales? i see @Tsportline added winter packages to their front page :)

seems like front runners for tires are
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4, Pirelli Sottozero 3 and the michelin X-ice Xi3s.

many of these run about a grand for a set, so for me at least, I'm inclined to maybe get a wheel tire package and sell off my stock 18s. i already have other summer wheel/tires on.

so comments from others? whose had their car through a winter already. will be my first with my 3 AWD in the northeast

I ran nokian r3 on my oem 18" aeros last winter then switched back to the oem tires as I'm still deciding what 18" rims to get for summer.
Generally nokian r3, r1 (older) are ranked highest then the xice.

Costco usually runs free install and 70-100 rebate on x ice and/or blizzak in the fall. Had r1 and blizzak on my other cars never had xice before but people swear by them.

Just a heads up, Bridgestone came out with the WS90 which fits the Model 3. Only thing is they are not XL load.

Leaning towards those or x-Ice Xi3. I had the WS80s on my Mercedes and loved them, but they are known to wear out quicer than other brands.