Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have testimonies on model 3 winter performance with winter tire setup? Looking to buy one but have a driveway im concerned about - over 1/2 mile long with bad hills in Wisconsin that can be glare ice at times. Would have to have similar traction to a 4wd pickup with good winter tires on it. Let me know if you have any helpful experience!

Thanks

I have a 2023 M3P in Colorado.
Running 18” wheels with Michelin x-ice tires (bought wheels from Tsportline).
absolutely no issues, fantastic traction.
Like any car if you get 12” of fresh snow clearance may may be an issue, but AWD in an electric car with 4 snow tires is hard to
I have a 2023 M3P in Colorado.
Running 18” wheels with Michelin x-ice tires (bought wheels from Tsportline).
absolutely no issues, fantastic traction.
Like any car if you get 12” of fresh snow clearance may may be an issue, but AWD in an electric car with 4 snow tires is hard to beat
im assuming these rims are unique to tesla right? Or are they a standard pattern

Upvote 0
It'll do fine. Especially with Blizzaks or similar tires. It's a little quirky the way it manages traction, but it's a capable car. If you're buying new, the '22+ Ps use the same suspension as the LRs, so they aren't any lower anymore.

This is my P 2 days ago.

Attachments

• Resized_20230223_052711.jpeg
    Resized_20230223_052711.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
It'll do fine. Especially with Blizzaks or similar tires. It's a little quirky the way it manages traction, but it's a capable car. If you're buying new, the '22+ Ps use the same suspension as the LRs, so they aren't any lower anymore.

This is my P 2 days ago.
Great, thanks! I love my blizzaks i have now. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the best snow tires ive used.

Upvote 0
I have quite a bit of experience with winter driving. The M3 is the best snow car I've ever had.
Stick with 18" wheels and 235 width, my choice is Michelin Crossclimate so I don't need to change for summer- as good as the studded Nokians etc I had for years on various Audi quattros.
Imagine this - the roads are covered with several inches of snow,(no not a foot of snow or anything crazy where clearance would be an issue) would you be more comfortable getting in a 4wd pickup and drive to work or your M3? Assume good all terrain tires

Upvote 0