Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire recommendations

What is your plan for winter tires?

• Sticking with all-seasons

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Looking into the Pirelli set offered by Tesla

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Looking into the Nokian studded set offered by Tesla

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Looking at another brand

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheels/tires are mounted. Overall I’m happy with how it looks. Way better than the tempest wheel. Have 5 miles on them so hopefully things go well
420311C7-E82C-4D91-85A8-77ABF2997488.jpeg

Attachments

• C3F8E596-4956-401B-83E7-4387FA9935FE.jpeg
    C3F8E596-4956-401B-83E7-4387FA9935FE.jpeg
    716.6 KB · Views: 86
  • BEC3E135-544F-4FAC-94DC-89E3D0F74587.jpeg
    BEC3E135-544F-4FAC-94DC-89E3D0F74587.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: impastu
Those look nice. Will be curious if there is or how much range reduction with winter tires and rims.
Wheels/tires are mounted. Overall I’m happy with how it looks. Way better than the tempest wheel. Have 5 miles on them so hopefully things go wellView attachment 870766
Looks good. I should be getting mine this weekend. My steering column stopped working yesterday. Will no longer move telescopically just up and down. Never a dull moment with Tesla …. Just over 3 months old. Lol.

Reactions: EightYears
Looking to get this forum's feedback - I've got a '22 MS Plaid that came with 19" wheels.

Apparently this offset is a nightmare to get snow tires for. I've been waiting for the 19" Pirelli set from Tesla to come back in stock as well as searching for a set of the P Zero Winters but no one can seem to order the correct size to fit my wheel either.

My local tire place is recommending that I go with a set of 18" Blizzaks on new wheels. I'm not sure exact specs. I'll get those before they submit the order. This setting off alarm bells for anyone though? I don't know much about setups yet as this is my first Tesla.

Looking to get this forum's feedback - I've got a '22 MS Plaid that came with 19" wheels.

Apparently this offset is a nightmare to get snow tires for. I've been waiting for the 19" Pirelli set from Tesla to come back in stock as well as searching for a set of the P Zero Winters but no one can seem to order the correct size to fit my wheel either.

My local tire place is recommending that I go with a set of 18" Blizzaks on new wheels. I'm not sure exact specs. I'll get those before they submit the order. This setting off alarm bells for anyone though? I don't know much about setups yet as this is my first Tesla.
Make sure they are reviewing it as a Model S refresh. Have had some do comparisons setups for old S. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone run an 18” wheel on the refresh. I’d be concerned it will clear the brakes. Do not count on Tesla delivering you a winter set. I ordered in stock in August and just canceled a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Make sure they are reviewing it as a Model S refresh. Have had some do comparisons setups for old S. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone run an 18” wheel on the refresh. I’d be concerned it will clear the brakes. Do not count on Tesla delivering you a winter set. I ordered in stock in August and just canceled a few weeks ago.
Oh wow. Glad I checked here, thank you. I definitely won't go with Tesla then.

I'll be sure they refer to the refresh S. The tire guy there has been doing tires for decades but not sure he's very familiar with Teslas.

search yourself for winter tires in 19” refresh sizes — tirerack, simpletire, discount, even costco, all have winter options at various times although now is the crunch with low stock. you don’t have to get the exact OEM 19” size. see other sizes that Tesla approves — and there may be others also. Listed here: 2021+ Model S tires and wheels: all things (Plaid, LR, OEM, aftermkt, 19, 20, 21, summer, winter etc.)

Last edited:
I bought a square setup of 19” Replika 241 rims with Michelin x-ICE and Tesla BT sensors and they were perfect last winter. They are guaranteed fit for the Palladium cars (refresh S). It’s easy …

That's the basically the exact set I've priced out too. Just waiting on some back pay to pull the trigger.

I also have my eye on the Fast EV01+ rims though. They are supposed to be designed as a direct fit for Tesla, so no centering rings or spacers required, and they have aero covers. With winter efficiency already in the tank, the ~5% or so those aero covers save might be worthwhile...

Reactions: DBV1
That's the basically the exact set I've priced out too. Just waiting on some back pay to pull the trigger.

I also have my eye on the Fast EV01+ rims though. They are supposed to be designed as a direct fit for Tesla, so no centering rings or spacers required, and they have aero covers. With winter efficiency already in the tank, the ~5% or so those aero covers save might be worthwhile...
I think the covers would also be good to prevent snow from packing/getting at the rotors. You enjoy serious cold. In Ontario (except for a couple of occasions) it did not get cold enough for me to experience much of an efficiency difference than I did through the hot summer. I am generally seeing 20% less actual mileage than indicated almost all the time (except when I am playing).

I think the covers would also be good to prevent snow from packing/getting at the rotors. You enjoy serious cold. In Ontario (except for a couple of occasions) it did not get cold enough for me to experience much of an efficiency difference than I did through the hot summer. I am generally seeing 20% less actual mileage than indicated almost all the time (except when I am playing).
Oh nice. Yeah, it was -25 this morning on my drive into work. I went from 150-180wh/km in summer to 250wh/km this morning. Mind you I like my heat (and it really needed it to keep from fogging up this morning).

I get wh/km numbers like yours in the summer when I drive like Ms. Daisy. I keep the car in INSANE mode all the time and do push it in certain parts of my daily 55 km commute (twisties). I have never seen 150...180 only when max speed on a drive was 80-100 kmh and on the other wide, I see like 220 wh/km when it is as could as you have. I am going to pay more attention to it this year. I have 32,000 km on the car and free charging at work every day so Greta Thunberg would hate me for my irresponsible use of energy. (sorry about all the celsius and kilometres to our US cousins)....

The bottom line and I have trolled this thread since buying the car in Feb 2021 is that people may like staggered setups and spacers etc however on the Palladium / New MS you can easily get a decent setup from your local tire people that does the job perfectly. Keeps you movin' in the snow and helps you stoppin' on the ice !

Reactions: sandman1330
I get wh/km numbers like yours in the summer when I drive like Ms. Daisy. I keep the car in INSANE mode all the time and do push it in certain parts of my daily 55 km commute (twisties). I have never seen 150...180 only when max speed on a drive was 80-100 kmh and on the other wide, I see like 220 wh/km when it is as could as you have. I am going to pay more attention to it this year. I have 32,000 km on the car and free charging at work every day so Greta Thunberg would hate me for my irresponsible use of energy. (sorry about all the celsius and kilometres to our US cousins)....

The bottom line and I have trolled this thread since buying the car in Feb 2021 is that people may like staggered setups and spacers etc however on the Palladium / New MS you can easily get a decent setup from your local tire people that does the job perfectly. Keeps you movin' in the snow and helps you stoppin' on the ice !
Mine never comes out of Insane mode, even in the winter! I'm no Ms Daisy, believe me :)

My commute is mostly 2 lane rural highway, so 110 km/h, with very little opportunity to punch it (just one turn really, and the occasional pass). In summer I also pumped up my tire pressures a bit, up to 45 instead of the book 42 when I needed to make a trip that stretched my range. Made a bit of difference, so I kept them there afterwards.

I'm also on 19s, not sure if you have 21s or not?

Oh yeah, to stay OT, winter tires good. Staggered winter tires bad.

Mine never comes out of Insane mode, even in the winter! I'm no Ms Daisy, believe me :)

My commute is mostly 2 lane rural highway, so 110 km/h, with very little opportunity to punch it (just one turn really, and the occasional pass). In summer I also pumped up my tire pressures a bit, up to 45 instead of the book 42 when I needed to make a trip that stretched my range. Made a bit of difference, so I kept them there afterwards.

I'm also on 19s, not sure if you have 21s or not?

Oh yeah, to stay OT, winter tires good. Staggered winter tires bad.
19s. All seasons came with the car but swap them out (Saturday) for the snow.

Reactions: sandman1330