Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires and Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I am receiving my order May 20th ( Tesla Model Y Long-Range ) if Covid-19 gets fixed. I am in Canada lots of pot holes and snow. I got the 19" 255-45-19 Tires probably summer or all season don't know yet. I like the 19" for Quebec winters and summer's vicious country side roads. But there is very little info on tire size that we can get. I think I need larger diameter tires for the potholes so 255-60-10 or 265-55-19 any thoughts.

I did but no help there. They give u the Tesla tire info but they do not help on
other sizing
Not sure what you mean by that. You should not change the size of the tire, or (if you know what you're doing) only change it in such a way that the diameter remains unchanged. You can't (or at least should not) change to larger diameter tires as those might not fit and will change the drive ratio and speed indicator.

This link shows you three winter tires that fit:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2020&autoModel=Model+Y+Long+Range&autoModClar=&width=255/&ratio=45&diameter=19&sortCode=57500&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=V&minLoadRating=XL

I get that but there are sizes that fit that are not low profiled so I get more cushion under the rim so not as rough on pot holes. I think that 255-60-19 does that but not sure??
Yes, it will increase that, however you should not do that. The only proper way would be to use a smaller wheel (e.g. 18") while keeping the tire diameter the same (e.g. 255/50R18).

Ok that makes sense so summer tires 255-45-19 and winter 255-45-18

255/50r18 would be about the same size as the OEM 255/45R19. Make sure you get the XL load rating.

Winter rubber height is 2*255/25.4*0.50 = 10"
Total height on a 18" wheel = 28"

Summer rubber height is 2*255/25.4*0.45 = 9"
Total height on a 19" wheel = 28"

Reactions: Lozzy
Looks like I am receiving my order May 20th ( Tesla Model Y Long-Range ) if Covid-19 gets fixed. I am in Canada lots of pot holes and snow. I got the 19" 255-45-19 Tires probably summer or all season don't know yet. I like the 19" for Quebec winters and summer's vicious country side roads. But there is very little info on tire size that we can get. I think I need larger diameter tires for the potholes so 255-60-10 or 265-55-19 any thoughts.

Did Tesla tell you your delivery date is May 20? Haven't heard of anybody in Canada getting a delivery date yet