Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter wheels and tyres for Model 3 and Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stock for 255/45/19 has dwindled recently. I was keen to put a set of winter tyres on my Model Y RWD. Plan was to put on winter tyres on a standalone set of rims and change the wheels myself every 6 months or so. Which i have done with all my previous cars. Obviously supply and demand is the problem at the moment.

Was more than happy to downsize to 18's but no company seem happy to supply 18 inch wheels for the model Y due to clearance issues with the brakes / calipers. Obviously people in the US have been able to do this. TSportline can supply wheels but last time i checked import to the UK was silly money. If anyone has had any luck sourcing 18's with clearance feel free to share.
I imported 19s for a MYP from TSportline which have been excellent. I spoke to them and got a significant discount on the shipping, a few hundred quid. The rims arrived FedEx from the US in 4 days. Try speaking with their customer service guys, very helpful.

I imported 19s for a MYP from TSportline which have been excellent. I spoke to them and got a significant discount on the shipping, a few hundred quid. The rims arrived FedEx from the US in 4 days. Try speaking with their customer service guys, very helpful.
I seem to remember a few years ago someone on the forum organised some group buying of imported wheels for significantly reduced cost. That's another option for people to check out if there are others interested.