Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Wheels / Tyres: size advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla S owners!

I used to own an Audi Q5 before making the switch to Tesla (ICE owners reading this - you will LOVE the Tesla S, make the switch!)

Anyway I kept my old winter wheels and tyres which are 235/65 R17

Two questions:

1. Will these fit latest Tesla S100 4WD
2. Would I need winter tyres for hard-core winter use (ie skiing in Alps), I assume yes but LMK

Thanks a lot!

Paul

(Tyres)

Attachments

• 0188C75E-716C-488B-9E11-5751E3A778CC.jpeg
    0188C75E-716C-488B-9E11-5751E3A778CC.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 76
Agreed, I would try to find a set of the original 5-spoke Tesla 19” wheels and (studded if legal in your area) Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 tires.

The 5-spoke wheels would be easier to clean out than other styles if they become ice- or snow-packed.

I'd actually recommend against studded tires in most cases. The AWD on the Model S is very good and with the studless Hakkas (R2) we've never run into anything we couldn't handle so long as the car had the clearance for it, including some real goat tracks. Studs are loud and have a real negative impact on dry-pavement handling. For the few cases where they'd really help, you can carry a set of cable chains - though I do, and I've never needed to us those either.