Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blades Icing Up - Even with Subzero Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, the problem is that the blades themselves accumulate snow and ice while I'm driving, turning into a couple of popsicles that just smear across the windshield. Sometimes I have to stop and bang them against the glass to knock the ice off them.
I also have that problem. The only blades that seem to work for me are the ugly ones that are completely enclosed in a rubber boot. The more curved the windshield, the more this seems to be problematic.

For me, the problem is that the blades themselves accumulate snow and ice while I'm driving, turning into a couple of popsicles that just smear across the windshield. Sometimes I have to stop and bang them against the glass to knock the ice off them.

Have you tried rain-x? I know it's not for snow per say but it should limit the moisture on your windshield, therefore limiting the amount of moisture freezing to the wipers. For $3 it's worth a shot.

Have you tried rain-x? I know it's not for snow per say but it should limit the moisture on your windshield, therefore limiting the amount of moisture freezing to the wipers. For $3 it's worth a shot.

I've been told it's not effective below 40 mph. Makes it pretty pointless in severe snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. I had to do this every 30 to 60 minutes on several of the legs of my Michigan trip. The Tesla wipers are simply bad.