Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper fluid not coming out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 Month old car and today I tried using the wiper fluid (never used before). Pressed the button multiple times and nothing comes out. Wipers go but not fluid. I also don't have any indicator that it is low. I will take it in for service but any thoughts?

Also note, the fluid does not squirt in a stream from the hood or wipers.

All winter, I saw my right wiper distributing washer fluid but the driver's side was ambiguous. We had our first warm day here in Toronto, Canada and I now see that the driver's side somehow evenly distributes fluid along the length of the wiper (I think). I need to formally look at it but it's kinda like a waterfall along the rubber blade.

It's a pretty snazzy system if that's how it works but not so great in freezing conditions.

2 Month old car and today I tried using the wiper fluid (never used before). Pressed the button multiple times and nothing comes out. Wipers go but not fluid. I also don't have any indicator that it is low. I will take it in for service but any thoughts?
From the Owner's Manual: "Press partially for a single wipe, without any washer fluid. Press fully for both wipe and wash."

RTFM

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes
I just took my X in for some minor service and Tesla Canada has a solution to improve wiper fluid flow. Coupler on the left replaces the older white check valve. Larger bore offers 20% more flow & recent firmware update also starts flow earlier in the stroke. Technician did the swap for me before I even knew it and explained to me a couple of months ago on my first service visit that they were working on a fix to the low flow problem. Guess it’s in place now and they’re doing it to every X that comes in. He said it was for Canada but no harm in asking if they can do it for anyone who asks for it... YMMV

37F0305B-5144-4535-975E-F5720D41D73C.jpeg