Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper fluid runoff and streaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I wash the front window while driving, ALMOST ALL of the wiper fluid flows right onto the driver's side window and also onto the roof. And the fluid leaves major streaks when dry, more than I've ever noticed on any non-Tesla.

As my MY is fairly new, the wiper fluid I have is still the factory fluid and it is SOOO blue. It almost looks like blue ink. I notice the streaks even remaining blue.

Are all of these things normal? Is there anything I can do to reduce the streaks? They just make a clean car look like crap.

Cheers.

When I wash the front window while driving, ALMOST ALL of the wiper fluid flows right onto the driver's side window and also onto the roof. And the fluid leaves major streaks when dry, more than I've ever noticed on any non-Tesla.

As my MY is fairly new, the wiper fluid I have is still the factory fluid and it is SOOO blue. It almost looks like blue ink. I notice the streaks even remaining blue.

Are all of these things normal? Is there anything I can do to reduce the streaks? They just make a clean car look like crap.

Cheers.
All you can do is use the wipers and fluid when the car isn't moving, like at a red light. That blue stuff works really good, but it really shows up on a white car. It washes off easily though.

Upvote 0