TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wipers Auto and lack of "speed sensitive" on manual mode

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bell2041, Jul 23, 2018.

1. bell2041

bell2041 Member

So I just updated to the latest Software and Autowipers still don't work even close to what it should be, meaning it will not wipe rain until it's almost impossible to see.

1. am I the only one with this problem? Is Tesla aware of this totally useless feature? I started with .14 and now I'm on .26 software version and there are no improvements for this at all.

2. The manual setting is lacking a basic feature as well. It should be a "speed sensitive" as well, just like any other cars. Meaning that on highest sensitivity settings it should start "Continuous, slow" when the car moves and go to what it's doing now when the car is stopped. That is the simplest and smartest thing. How come they are still not done this?

• Like x 1
  2. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Mine work fine. Perhaps your car has a problem.

3. bell2041

bell2041 Member

I was afraid of that :( because I just checked by sprinkle some water on the windshield (near the front camera) and it works, but with the actual rain it almost never wipes.

4. animorph

animorph Member

I've been happy with the way mine work.

I have read here that if the water slowly builds up, like a mist, it might take a while before the wipers decide to trigger.

5. bell2041

bell2041 Member

Can you please check the Video I posted? Is that how it works for you as well?

6. VikH

VikH Member

Mine are similar. A lot of people have issues with this feature. I usually turn it off.

• Like x 1
  7. bell2041

bell2041 Member

Yeah, that is exactly my point. The Auto feature is completely useless until they fix it.

What I don't get it, it's a 100% software fix/enhancements, for both Auto and Manual, and there is no update for that issue since 2017.

p.s. To be honest I would be happy with at least one with fix, manual or auto. I believe manual if you add speed sensetivity is very good as well.

Common Tesla, please fix it