Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers Auto and lack of "speed sensitive" on manual mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just updated to the latest Software and Autowipers still don't work even close to what it should be, meaning it will not wipe rain until it's almost impossible to see.

1. am I the only one with this problem? Is Tesla aware of this totally useless feature? I started with .14 and now I'm on .26 software version and there are no improvements for this at all.

2. The manual setting is lacking a basic feature as well. It should be a "speed sensitive" as well, just like any other cars. Meaning that on highest sensitivity settings it should start "Continuous, slow" when the car moves and go to what it's doing now when the car is stopped. That is the simplest and smartest thing. How come they are still not done this?

Reactions: Boor
So I just updated to the latest Software and Autowipers still don't work even close to what it should be, meaning it will not wipe rain until it's almost impossible to see.

1. am I the only one with this problem? Is Tesla aware of this totally useless feature? I started with .14 and now I'm on .26 software version and there are no improvements for this at all.

2. The manual setting is lacking a basic feature as well. It should be a "speed sensitive" as well, just like any other cars. Meaning that on highest sensitivity settings it should start "Continuous, slow" when the car moves and go to what it's doing now when the car is stopped. That is the simplest and smartest thing. How come they are still not done this?

Mine are similar. A lot of people have issues with this feature. I usually turn it off.

Reactions: Boor
Yeah, that is exactly my point. The Auto feature is completely useless until they fix it.

What I don't get it, it's a 100% software fix/enhancements, for both Auto and Manual, and there is no update for that issue since 2017.

p.s. To be honest I would be happy with at least one with fix, manual or auto. I believe manual if you add speed sensetivity is very good as well.

Common Tesla, please fix it