Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers broken, it may have been tint shop, on road trip help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until Tesla comes out with the lasers that clean the windshield, I suspect that they are the same as other cars and held on by a large nut, as @andaconda noted above. You could try an Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts, they may have a tool rental you can use to check tightness.

Until Tesla comes out with the lasers that clean the windshield, I suspect that they are the same as other cars and held on by a large nut, as @andaconda noted above. You could try an Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts, they may have a tool rental you can use to check tightness.
Thanks guys. That was my alternative but I'm not sure if Tesla used anything proprietary.

About to roll into a Service Center hoping they can help me out. Otherwise it's O'Reilly's or AutoZone and renting/buying tools

Oh if anyone knows the Torque spec that would be appreciated.

PS yes protective film over the windshield. Probably a waste of money but I'm going to be doing long road trips so anything that can prevent rock chips I'm good with. Lol tinting the roof was probably a waste but anything to help my pups out

OP are you SURE your tint shop applied the film on the OUTSIDE of your windshield? The tint is supposed to go on the INSIDE of your car.
Yes, the windshield has tint on the inside, as well as every window has tint. The windshield just has Stek Dynoflex on the outside. Like I said like maybe it doesn't do anything, but you know what my money to waste.

The driver side wasn't torqued down enough so it wasn't moving. The passenger was not torque down enough to properly clear the hood and it was also not in the correct starting position. It's possible that the nuts loosen themselves. I'm going to probably get some loctite on them.

PXL_20211123_084632186.NIGHT.jpg

Yes, the windshield has tint on the inside, as well as every window has tint. The windshield just has Stek Dynoflex on the outside. Like I said like maybe it doesn't do anything, but you know what my money to waste.

The driver side wasn't torqued down enough so it wasn't moving. The passenger was not torque down enough to properly clear the hood and it was also not in the correct starting position. It's possible that the nuts loosen themselves. I'm going to probably get some loctite on them.

View attachment 736562
Nice wrap! Is that XPEL Stealth? Is that the Bakersfield or Buttunwillow supercharger? (I don't remember which one it was that was right next to a farm land with nothing else there)

Nice wrap! Is that XPEL Stealth? Is that the Bakersfield or Buttunwillow supercharger? (I don't remember which one it was that was right next to a farm land with nothing else there)
Yup Xpel Stealth and that is Bakersfield. And the tint is Xpel Prime XR+ Tint 55% everything, including roof, and windshield is 70%. PPF gloss on headlights and mirror caps too.

Just got to Mt Shasta. This thing is a beast. Just wish I had the FSD 10 Beta

Reactions: acatwith12
NO NO NO !!! Do not use loctite on those wiper splines. If for some reason you needed to take the arms off again - you might be SOL. I watched the service tech who came to the house -- He didn't torque them but just used a firm small socket wrench to tighten them.
I didn't use a torque wrench, just hand tight too. And when I say loctite, I mean the version that takes 5lbs of torque. Not heat and a bunch of torque. Or I could but a Nylon tape (plumbers) to make sure it doesn't back out. I'm missing the covers too so