Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wipers stopped working on auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the actual problem? Does the AUTO setting never wipe at all? Or are you just saying they don't quite wipe when you would want them to? If it's the latter, welcome to the club. Sometimes auto works perfectly fine and other times it never wipes or wipes hellishly fast when there's almost no water. Being a camera/vision/AI system, it's affected by dirty cameras or weird sun angles.

What is the actual problem? Does the AUTO setting never wipe at all? Or are you just saying they don't quite wipe when you would want them to? If it's the latter, welcome to the club. Sometimes auto works perfectly fine and other times it never wipes or wipes hellishly fast when there's almost no water. Being a camera/vision/AI system, it's affected by dirty cameras or weird sun angles.
Thanks, after looking at some of these other posts I see that I’m not alone with my dissatisfaction over the wipers. Hopefully a future software update will fix this.

The current software, 2024.2.7 really took a step backwards for me. It used to work pretty well. Two other cars we've owned, A 2012 Mercedes SLK and a 2014 Infiniti Q50 both had auto wipers. While not perfect they worked quite well. Very satisfactorily.

Now, my 2021 SR+ will wipe when there is no rain at all. Also, when it is raining sometimes it waits too long to wipe. The worst of both worlds. SMH.

To make things worse, an upcoming software update 2024.8.7 messes with the button at the end of the turn stalk functioning to always spray with wiper fluid? Ughhh why ruin a good thing

The nozzle that sprays your windshield when the left stalk or steering wheel button (model dependent) is held down previously only sprayed the windshield when the wipers were in the lower position. With this update, the nozzle will spray the windshield any time the button is held for a brief period, regardless of the wiper's position.