Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charger - IPhone 12 Max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wireless charger not working with iPhone Max. Lower lip is holding the phone too high to connect so removed lower lip of wireless pad. Phone slides down but unfortunately not a solution as the phone slides down into the storage area. Any ideas other than a retrofitted lower pad lip.

As mentioned in other MY/M3 posts, the iPhone 12 Pro Max will only charge without a case. I bought a MagSafe charger, secured it with double sided tape on the Tesla wireless charging tray, and plugged it into the USC-C port.

Attachments

• 955A4070-FD76-45ED-801A-156411B424FF.jpeg
    955A4070-FD76-45ED-801A-156411B424FF.jpeg
    451.2 KB · Views: 359
Reactions: Yelobird
Last edited:
Reactions: Picasso
Wireless charger not working with iPhone Max. Lower lip is holding the phone too high to connect so removed lower lip of wireless pad. Phone slides down but unfortunately not a solution as the phone slides down into the storage area. Any ideas other than a retrofitted lower pad lip.
My 12 pro max charges only without case . Must not be going low enough .

I have iPhone 12 with apple MagSafe case. I realize you’re talking about a max however I swapped out the pad and put in a jeda wireless pad that works great. It comes with larger lower lip extension you need too. Plus you can charge in landscape as well. Shipping was fast unlike their hub.

Jeda Wireless Pad | Tesla Model 3/Y Wireless Phone Charger
My 12 pro max cannot charge on my Jeda pad in any position. Even the horizontal one doesn’t work.

My 12 pro max cannot charge on my Jeda pad in any position. Even the horizontal one doesn’t work.

Which version of the Jeda charger do you have? I believe only the V3 is advertised to work with the 12 Pro Max with a case on.

My MY is still in the shop getting wrapped and coated, so I can’t wait to try this out myself. I’ll also be going on a road trip in about 3 weeks, so I’d need to find a solution to this soon...

Dang, I was trying to cut down on expenses too, but I guess not lol

Yes, does not work with either my phone with an Apple mag safe case or my wife’s 12 Max with a non Apple (non mag safe) case.

Mine wouldn’t work at all (actually I got it to work for a moment by really forcing it in, but practically speaking, not at all) with the Apple leather MagSafe case. Without the case I could get it to work.

Yesterday I 3D printed this and it now works with the case but not perfectly. While driving it sometimes stops and starts charging. It’s probably good enough now really but I’ll probably try an aftermarket pad to see if I can get it working perfectly.

Get the Jeda Spacer, that’s what I had to do, $25.00 shipped unless they have some type of Black Friday deal. Without the case you can position the phone at a 45 degree angle and wedge it in. This is a picture of the Jeda Spacer. Using a IPhone XS Max with the Rokform case. As you can see there is still 1/4 more room left for any size case.

BEE0120B-E6FF-466F-89C3-857BFCBB3EB8.jpeg

Get the Jeda Spacer, that’s what I had to do, $25.00 shipped unless they have some type of Black Friday deal. Without the case you can position the phone at a 45 degree angle and wedge it in. This is a picture of the Spacer installed from Jeda.

View attachment 608997

You said without a case, but would it work with Apple’s cases? I really don’t want to go without a case...

You said without a case, but would it work with Apple’s cases? I really don’t want to go without a case...
No, it will not fit with any case. But in a pinch like if you are traveling on a long trip you can wedge it in without the case. The other option is to just connect a Lightning plug to a USBC cord.

The picture shows how to position the phone without the case to wedge it in and then lower it. This method proves that the wireless charger works, this issue is the tiny lip.

45B748F7-17F5-4149-A792-C2A92D3696BE.jpeg

No, it will not fit with any case. But in a pinch like if you are traveling on a long trip you can wedge it in without the case. The other option is to just connect a Lightning plug to a USBC cord.

The picture shows how to position the phone without the case to wedge it in and then lower it. This method proves that the wireless charger works, this issue is the tiny lip.

View attachment 608999

Hm... I just got my Y back from the detailer and tried out the charger. It always worked on my 11 Pro Max, but the 12 Pro Max just isn’t charging... I’m not so sure that a spacer would work if it’s an issue with the coil alignment. I don’t know what to do :(