Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charger throwdown - who wins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get comfortable. Their fulfillment is really poor. Seems they've adopted the promise early and beg for forgiveness later model. Nonetheless, because I'm a glutton for punishment I ordered one too. In the meantime, I'm just using the original setup.

I sent an email inquiring a few days ago... just received this email:

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Jeda :) We know you are anxious to receive your Jeda Pad and we are ready to get it to you!

Orders from your batch are beginning to ship towards the end of this week and will be fulfilled by next week! Your order will be shipping in 3-4 business days, and we will be sending an email as soon as your order heads out and will provide tracking information.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions I can assist you with in the meantime. We're always happy to help and appreciate your business and patience.
:

I had one on order, but got tired of waiting, ordered a Nomad, and it shipped same day. Submitted a Jeda refund request and had that the next day. Very happy with the Nomad. Just works - it’s everything I hoped it would be.

Exactly the same experience for me. Had Jeda been up front with me they would have kept my business, but they were misleading about the wait times. I bought a TapTes and it works perfectly, and arrived very quickly.

Jeda easily has the worst customer service in the game. I pre-ordered v1, it warped, the phone fell into the compartment below constantly, and it was easily the worst return experience of any product I've ever purchased: online or otherwise. I eventually got my money back but it was like drawing blood from a stone while pulling teeth.

I went with Nomad and it's been perfect since install. Highly recommend. A friend of mine has Taptes (haven't seen it in person yet) but they're happy with it thus far.

Forewarned in forearmed.

Reactions: Dana1
I'm just curious but why do those of you who buy these things charge in your car? Don't you have wireless chargers at home that keep your phone charged up (at least when not staying in hotels or traveling)?

Don't get me wrong, I have the wired charging solution hooked up in the console and tested if I ever needed it but I leave the house with my phone above 70% and that's enough to easily get me through the day so I end up never charging in the car.

I'm just curious but why do those of you who buy these things charge in your car? Don't you have wireless chargers at home that keep your phone charged up (at least when not staying in hotels or traveling)?

Don't get me wrong, I have the wired charging solution hooked up in the console and tested if I ever needed it but I leave the house with my phone above 70% and that's enough to easily get me through the day so I end up never charging in the car.

1.) People like gadgets. Even gadgets with dubious utility value. Qi Charger is next to useless compared to my USB-C fast charger with Power Delivery.

2.) You need a place to rest your phone anyway when driving. A percentage or two never hurts. If anything you stop vampire drain. Plugging and unplugging is annoying and the location of the 12V is dumb AF in the 3.

3.) Tesla solution of cables and their docking is too slow and too much effort to use. I’d rather just throw my phone on the pad.

I keep a 12V PD USB-C phone charger in the car but it’s a solution of last resort due to the annoyances of the 12V location.

4.) Tesla owners are wooed by gimmicks. Wireless charging.. cool.

Avocado toast.. cool

Pumpkin spice lattes. Cool

Reactions: Kevy Baby and BCNY
1.) People like gadgets. Even gadgets with dubious utility value. Qi Charger is next to useless compared to my USB-C fast charger with Power Delivery.

2.) You need a place to rest your phone anyway when driving. A percentage or two never hurts. If anything you stop vampire drain. Plugging and unplugging is annoying and the location of the 12V is dumb AF in the 3.

3.) Tesla solution of cables and their docking is too slow and too much effort to use. I’d rather just throw my phone on the pad.

I keep a 12V PD USB-C phone charger in the car but it’s a solution of last resort due to the annoyances of the 12V location.

4.) Tesla owners are wooed by gimmicks. Wireless charging.. cool.

I get the gadget thing. My question is more "Don't you leave home with at least 70% charge in the morning?". I leave my phone my pocket when I drive so I don't have to mess with it.

Reactions: Fossil Fool
I get the gadget thing. My question is more "Don't you leave home with at least 70% charge in the morning?". I leave my phone my pocket when I drive so I don't have to mess with it.

I try to leave the house at 100% on both the Phone and the Battery case that's attached to it. I also keep my Model 3 key card in my wallet as well.

Over-preparedness is better than no preparation.

@MXWing

I looked at it like completing the design. In our day and age, our lives revolve around our phones, a point proven with a spot for your smart phone built into the car.

Why not have wireless charging there? This makes total sense to me, regardless of % on my phone, and why I elected to get one.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7 and MXWing
I use the charger only on longer trips (I have only one side of my Taptes powered). Since I usually listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks from my phone in the car, it keeps the battery from being depleted. And charging wirelessly is much better than the default wired solution since I can easily take the phone in my hand if I have to (which is unfortunately sometimes necessary as long as we don't have Carplay/Android Auto).

I use the charger only on longer trips (I have only one side of my Taptes powered). Since I usually listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks from my phone in the car, it keeps the battery from being depleted. And charging wirelessly is much better than the default wired solution since I can easily take the phone in my hand if I have to (which is unfortunately sometimes necessary as long as we don't have Carplay/Android Auto).

That's odd. I've never had to take my phone in my hand while I'm driving. In fact, it's illegal here in Washington State. The phone works really well through the hands-free setup though. Looks like there are a lot of unhappy Carplay customers recently:

Some BMW Owners Locked Out Of CarPlay Subscription They Paid For

I guess no system is perfect.

Jeda isn't shipping as far as I can tell (I ordered in April and they stated end of April shipping and now they state end of May)... so the choice is any other as far as I can tell.

Get comfortable. Their fulfillment is really poor. Seems they've adopted the promise early and beg for forgiveness later model. Nonetheless, because I'm a glutton for punishment I ordered one too. In the meantime, I'm just using the original setup.

I think Jeda uses Tesla/Elon clocks/calendars. I ordered a Model 3 and a Jada 2 the 24th of April. Both seem to be stuck in a time warp/loop of uncertainty. I guess Jeda thinks I don't need the mat until I get the car and Tesla thinks I don't need the car until I get the mat.