Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charger throwdown - who wins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a dumb question but is there anyway to mount a cheap wireless charger behind the Tesla pad?

I originally had a couple cheap wireless chargers behind the Tesla pad, but the phone didn't charge very fast and the cheapies would fail. After both failed in less than a month, I got the Taptes and it works much better, a lot less material between the phone the charger so it charged faster and it's still working 5 months later.

For what it’s worth, I have a tesla wireless charger with a small stack of gift cards to keep the phone from sliding in. Works perfectly :)

BF3AEB50-8098-43BA-9DFC-F487912A7A19.jpeg

5E6EEB80-7A27-4454-BA7C-EB9114114ABA.jpeg

I went with the ROCCS version from @mazon. It was just decent. It held up to two phones but was not very sticky so the phones would slip around a good bit. Also, I had to unplug and plug the USB in many times over the 1 week that I had it. Then the right side completely stopped working.

I returned it soon after and went with the Nomad. It is night and day better than the other one. Super tacky surface so the phone does not move at all. Also charges at a decent rate and is just rock solid. Sweet packaging by the way as well. It cost more but totally worth it,

• Informative
Reactions: Dana1 and VQTRVA
Jeda isn't shipping as far as I can tell (I ordered in April and they stated end of April shipping and now they state end of May)... so the choice is any other as far as I can tell.

Get comfortable. Their fulfillment is really poor. Seems they've adopted the promise early and beg for forgiveness later model. Nonetheless, because I'm a glutton for punishment I ordered one too. In the meantime, I'm just using the original setup.

Get comfortable. Their fulfillment is really poor. Seems they've adopted the promise early and beg for forgiveness later model. Nonetheless, because I'm a glutton for punishment I ordered one too. In the meantime, I'm just using the original setup.

I had one on order, but got tired of waiting, ordered a Nomad, and it shipped same day. Submitted a Jeda refund request and had that the next day. Very happy with the Nomad. Just works - it’s everything I hoped it would be.