Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless phone charger replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeda Sales Support seems to think it will. I have a Feb 2021 MY and will let you know once it arrives!
I also sent an email to Jeda asking this question. They have not confirmed yet. Below is the chain so far:

Begin forwarded message:

------------------
Subject: Re: Jeda Wireless Pad V4 2021+ Model Y/3 Compatibility with OEM charging Pad?
Date:
September 26, 2022 at 12:02:47 PM PDT
To: Jeda Support Team <[email protected]>
As I mentioned in my first email, it's the 2021 Model Y refresh model with the OEM wireless charging pad "USB C + USB C ports (REFRESH MODEL, 2021-2022"
------------------
On Sep 26, 2022, at 11:59 AM, Jeda Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for reaching out and happy to help out here.

Can you tell me what USB ports are in your Tesla?

Do you have:

- USB C + USB C ports (REFRESH MODEL, 2021-2022)
- USB A + USB C ports (2020 MODEL)
- USB A + USB A ports (PRE-REFRESH ORIGINAL INTERIOR)

Let me know which configuration so I can help you with some product recommendations :)
--------------------
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 11:45 AM wrote:
Is it possible to install the V4 on a 2021+ Model Y that has the updated console with the Tesla OEM wireless charging Pad? I’m unable to charge me iPhone 14 Pro Max with a thin TPU case on the Tesla OEM wireless charging pad so I’m looking for a solution.

Thank you for your assistance,

--

Jeda ⚡
Chris - Jeda Support Dept.
getjeda.com
Twitter
Enter our monthly Jeda Giveaway

As featured in Electrek, Clean Technica, 9 to 5 Mac, Newsweek and more.

I also sent an email to Jeda asking this question. They have not confirmed yet. Below is the chain so far:

Begin forwarded message:

------------------
Subject: Re: Jeda Wireless Pad V4 2021+ Model Y/3 Compatibility with OEM charging Pad?
Date:
September 26, 2022 at 12:02:47 PM PDT
To: Jeda Support Team <[email protected]>
As I mentioned in my first email, it's the 2021 Model Y refresh model with the OEM wireless charging pad "USB C + USB C ports (REFRESH MODEL, 2021-2022"
------------------
On Sep 26, 2022, at 11:59 AM, Jeda Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for reaching out and happy to help out here.

Can you tell me what USB ports are in your Tesla?

Do you have:

- USB C + USB C ports (REFRESH MODEL, 2021-2022)
- USB A + USB C ports (2020 MODEL)
- USB A + USB A ports (PRE-REFRESH ORIGINAL INTERIOR)

Let me know which configuration so I can help you with some product recommendations :)
--------------------
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 11:45 AM wrote:

--

Jeda ⚡
Chris - Jeda Support Dept.
getjeda.com
Twitter
Enter our monthly Jeda Giveaway

As featured in Electrek, Clean Technica, 9 to 5 Mac, Newsweek and more.
Received no further reply from Jeda. I don't think the OEM charging pad on the refresh model 2021-2022 is designed so it can be replaced easily with a 3rd party charging pad. I tried searching YouTube but could find any evidence of anyone doing this.

As I suspected, the Jeda Wireless charging pads are not compatible with the Tesla "USB C + USB C ports (REFRESH MODEL, 2021-2022)". Response confirming this from Jeda below:
Begin forwarded message:
Date:
September 28, 2022 at 12:34:15 PM PDT
To:

Thanks for your reply and email. In this case our wireless charger is not compatible with this model unfortunately.

The only item which is is our 2022 USB Hub Console:Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 USB Hub Console - Jeda Products

Yes, something must have changed to improve the wireless charging Pad on the 2022+ models. When I emailed totalleecase support, they told me I can just keep the case and they gave me a refund less the $5.99 shipping charge as part of their "Awesome Warranty" program which I thought was cool. I''ll keep looking, but so far I haven't found anyone that a clear plastic TPU case that charges an iPhone 14 Pro Max on a 2021 Model Y.

As far as I can tell the 2022 Model Y charging pad is garbage too. I bought this case https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B1PL8TLT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 some people have said works in various threads and it just doesn't work at all whether the phone is on the left, the right, upside down, landscape, etc. After messing around with for 5 minutes at one point it flashed charging for a millisecond and then I could not get it to charge beyond that. Disappointing. I have a Tesla Model 3 with a $30 Taptes charging pad that works just fine. Even my iPhone 12 Pro Max with this case Rebel Series Gen-2 won't charge in the Model Y yet charges on the Taptes in the Model 3. These phones charge on standard Samsung charging pads too. Tesla's charging pad is outclassed by a $30 product made 3 years ago.