Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiring diagram to swap Model S 1st gen seats into next gen seat car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently replaced the next gen front seats in my 2015 Model S with 1st gen seats. The first gen seats are much more comfortable for me. Tesla makes adapters you can buy over the counter to swap the next gen seats into a 1st gen seat car, which makes it very easy. Unfortunately, if you want to go in the other direction, you're on your own. I bought a nice set of first gen front seats. Since I wanted to sell the next gen seats to recoup some of the cost, I couldn't cut the connectors off the next gen seats. So I got on ebay and bought the complete next gen seat wiring harness for each front seat and cut off the connectors I needed. Now that I had the connectors, the big question is: which wire connects to which wire? The diagrams below show how it should be connected. I also swapped the memory seat module (MSM) from the next gen drivers seat to the 1st gen drivers seat. You will also need to get the correct next gen airbag connector and connect the purple-orange, white-orange, and brown wires.
1618025696859.png

1618025746706.png

1618025946902.png

I recently replaced the next gen front seats in my 2015 Model S with 1st gen seats. The first gen seats are much more comfortable for me. Tesla makes adapters you can buy over the counter to swap the next gen seats into a 1st gen seat car, which makes it very easy. Unfortunately, if you want to go in the other direction, you're on your own. I bought a nice set of first gen front seats. Since I wanted to sell the next gen seats to recoup some of the cost, I couldn't cut the connectors off the next gen seats. So I got on ebay and bought the complete next gen seat wiring harness for each front seat and cut off the connectors I needed. Now that I had the connectors, the big question is: which wire connects to which wire? The diagrams below show how it should be connected. I also swapped the memory seat module (MSM) from the next gen drivers seat to the 1st gen drivers seat. You will also need to get the correct next gen airbag connector and connect the purple-orange, white-orange, and brown wires.
View attachment 652566
View attachment 652567

View attachment 652569
By Chance does anyone have this wiring diagram with descriptions of what wire is to each component (ie seat heaters 12V+, etc). I did a swap of my stock 2015 Model S seats to a pair of Nexgen seats from a 2016. The connectors were different. My wiring colors were mostly what's listed above with a few that were slightly different than what's listed above. I've got the seats in and working. Neither of my heated seats work. The passenger side blows the fuse immediately when I swap the fuse. The driver's side heater doesn't work but the fuse seems fine. I didn't have a red/green wire so I may have combined the wrong wires. Both of my stock harnesses had (3) black wires. 1 was thick and the other 2 thin black wires. This is where it got a little confusing...

By Chance does anyone have this wiring diagram with descriptions of what wire is to each component (ie seat heaters 12V+, etc). I did a swap of my stock 2015 Model S seats to a pair of Nexgen seats from a 2016. The connectors were different. My wiring colors were mostly what's listed above with a few that were slightly different than what's listed above. I've got the seats in and working. Neither of my heated seats work. The passenger side blows the fuse immediately when I swap the fuse. The driver's side heater doesn't work but the fuse seems fine. I didn't have a red/green wire so I may have combined the wrong wires. Both of my stock harnesses had (3) black wires. 1 was thick and the other 2 thin black wires. This is where it got a little confusing...
Tesla sells adapters to go from first gen to next gen. You can purchase them directly from Tesla, then you just have to plug them in. Even if you have changed your connectors, you may want to buy the adapters so you can trace out the wiring, or put the original connectors back on and use the adapters.

Tesla sells adapters to go from first gen to next gen. You can purchase them directly from Tesla, then you just have to plug them in. Even if you have changed your connectors, you may want to buy the adapters so you can trace out the wiring, or put the original connectors back on and use the adapters.
Do you have the part number? Tesla says they don’t sell it.

Reactions: 6364Dart
if I understand correctly, it is possible to replace the seats of the first generation with those of the second generation.

For the electrical part it is thanks to the adapter.

For the mechanical part, are they the same bindings?

Do you have the part number? Tesla says they don’t sell it.
Same thing happened to me, Tesla said they never heard of the part numbers. Then I talked to someone else (via the app) and they said they can't sell them to me because they aren't compatible with my car, I asked follow up questions and they just ghosted me. I tried local parts departments and they all go to voicemail, and service just tries to send you back to parts. (I live in So Cal.)

I have a 2016 Model S P90D Pre-facelift and I would like to swap the seats (which are about as comfortable as park benches), with 2018 Model S P100D seats I found. Does anyone know how to actually get a hold of the harnesses to make the swap? Tesla seems like a dead end.

x ASY, JUMPER, SIAB-SEAL TO UNSEAL, MDLS? (1116327-00-A)
1x MS SEAT HRN PATCH NONMEM- SEAL TO UNSEAL (1139367-00-A)
1x MS SEAT HRN PATCH MEMORY-SEAL TO UNSEAL (1139366-00-A)
I can confirm this is accurate I just bought these and upgraded my seats from 1st gen to next gen. To note if you order them make sure you get 2 of this one "x ASY, JUMPER, SIAB-SEAL TO UNSEAL, MDLS? (1116327-00-A)"