Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wise to order now with changes on the immediate horizon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Y to replace our 2021, but it looks like the Shanghai changes (new dash, ambient lighting, etc.) are hitting the US now (link below). That said, is it wise to order now that these are so close to release?

Do you care about dark colored wheels? That seems to be the only thing potentially "confirmed" by that article and picture.

Do you care about an RGB light strip and fabric insert on your dash?

I sure don't. Only you can answer if you care enough about those tiny cosmetic changes to wait and see if maybe they might be released soon.

Do you care about dark colored wheels? That seems to be the only thing potentially "confirmed" by that article and picture.

Do you care about an RGB light strip and fabric insert on your dash?

I sure don't. Only you can answer if you care enough about those tiny cosmetic changes to wait and see if maybe they might be released soon.
Are these showing up now on new MY deliveries?

I waited a long for the 4680 structural battery and full gigacast and waited and waited and it never arrived and i just bought the current car.

and im totally satisfied.

over your car (and mine) the change in mcu/chip should make the interface snappier. the other changes, including jupiter…for me is still 95% the same vehicle essence and i dont care much for rgb lighting.

I waited a long for the 4680 structural battery and full gigacast and waited and waited and it never arrived and i just bought the current car.

and im totally satisfied.

over your car (and mine) the change in mcu/chip should make the interface snappier. the other changes, including jupiter…for me is still 95% the same vehicle essence and i dont care much for rgb lighting.
Except Juniper is happening. Tesla wouldn't update the Model 3 and not bring those changes to the Y, especially with the R2 arriving in 2026.

We don't necessarily need to, but the promotional interest rate, tax credit, etc. make it enticing. Our 2021 is also an SR RWD so the AWD and extra range would be nice.
Make your purchase and don't look back, if you are doing it for the promotion then you are kinda late even with the 0.9, why? end of the first quarter deals with the Tesla trade in netted you 10K Tesla credits, 10K Super Charger Miles, $1.4K incentive $1K cyber truck on order discount, incentive for either paint or interior upgrade $1- 1.5K depending on what you chose. Being that you are selling your car after 3 years, 3 years of 0.9 base on 10% down LRY AWD that is $6K, but you would have had a vehicle with $3K less to finance and 10K supercharger miles AND 10K credits you could have used to get the acceleration boost upgrade (now $2K). So all in your behind $500 and $3K in equity. If you are worried about the "new" features then lease and turn your car into an iPhone. Also remember that for every addition, there is a reduction somewhere else. Next deals will be end of Sept quarter. Good luck.

Reactions: z335is and Royal27
I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Y to replace our 2021, but it looks like the Shanghai changes (new dash, ambient lighting, etc.) are hitting the US now (link below). That said, is it wise to order now that these are so close to release?

Only thing confirmed are the new darker color wheel option which is on the website for a $500 upgrade. Nothing but someone's wild guess that the dash and ambient lights may come to the US before the Juniper refresh.

Honestly I wouldn't replace a 2021 with the current model year (2023 OR 2024). They are mostly the same vehicle from 2021 onwards. Sure some small changes, and some larger changes like the Ryzen CPU, the comfort suspension and HW4 cameras. Comfort suspension (at least to me) was only 10-15% better than my 2021's suspension, not worth it in my opinion. Ryzen? Sure it's quicker and has some extra features like Zoom and the new visualizations. But for daily driving it is not needed - the Intel Atom still does the job. And I think my existing HW3 cameras are pretty good, no complaints. So if it were me I would for sure wait for Juniper. If you get a 2024 now and Juniper comes out at the beginning of 2025 you may totally regret not waiting.

Reactions: z335is