Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish the mileage indicator was on home screen [feature request]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
Wish the mileage indicator was on home screen. It could be unobtrusively located at the top center of the left panel. That way one wouldn't have to take their eyes of the road for any period of time to scroll the panels at the bottom and try to find it. Thoughts?

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
I believe the ideology behind the screen presentation is to only show what's relevant to driving. You'd have to ask the UX team at Tesla, it's just my interpretation. The "number of kilometers / miles the car has driven since being built" isn't an information you need while you drive. It's a remnant of the past when car user interfaces could not change dynamically, therefore the information had to always be there.

Reactions: Big Earl
I agree that mileage should be permanently displayed. It's not uncommon for directions to be given in "miles".

jKguHU2.jpeg

Really that whole stupid swipe card thing should be deleted from the UI. It doesn't match any of the other flow logic and the random stuff that it contains is, well, random. You can clearly tell the intern was super high the day he wrote that garbage.

Tire pressures should display next to, wait for it.... the tires? Just my opinion but what do I know?

Odometer would be great where those three stupid swipe card dots are. Tap for trip meter. Duh.

Please send me the charge number Elon. Oh, and you're welcome.

Apparently it’s too distracting to bring up that display. Wait til OP needs to use his wipers.
All you have to do is push the right hand button on the steering wheel and say "Show Odometer". No need to take your eyes off the road or a hand off the steering wheel. Having said that, when you do call up the odometer, it blocks a lot of the traffic visualization image, making it hard to see if anyone is in your blindspot.

Really that whole stupid swipe card thing should be deleted from the UI. It doesn't match any of the other flow logic and the random stuff that it contains is, well, random. You can clearly tell the intern was super high the day he wrote that garbage.

Tire pressures should display next to, wait for it.... the tires? Just my opinion but what do I know?

Odometer would be great where those three stupid swipe card dots are. Tap for trip meter. Duh.

Please send me the charge number Elon. Oh, and you're welcome.
It would be awesome to see the pressures next to each tire on the virtual car! That is truly an awesome and 'why didn't they think of that' idea!!

I monitor the wh/mi on the card labled "since last charge". Especially on longer road trips in wind or cold. i adjust my driving accordingly to make the next stop. The cards could be a bit better to bring up and change. I am constantly tapping somewhere near a card and flipping the animated car direction instead!

Wish the mileage indicator was on home screen. It could be unobtrusively located at the top center of the left panel. That way one wouldn't have to take their eyes of the road for any period of time to scroll the panels at the bottom and try to find it. Thoughts?
IMO, a sensible request. All my previous cars, even ones which had a digital dashboard, had the odometer as a constant display. No pushing buttons and certainly not having to deal with a touchscreen, to see how far the car has been driven. Why is that important? On long trips, more than 3 hours or so, I'd note how far away a certain city or waypoint is, usually by reading a highway signpost. I'd then mentally note what the odometer would read when I got to that place. By doing simple math in my head, I would know how far I was away at any time. Useful when the wife has a small bladder and drinks several cups of coffee before leaving home.

To keep the UI as clutter-free as possible for everyone, give us the option to display the odometer at all times. It doesn't have to be that large; the same size font as the battery mileage / percentage would be fine.

Well since we’re all just wishing for things thinking anybody at Tesla even reads this forum, I’d like a real blind spot monitor, homelink included, 360deg cameras, free FSD, insurance to cost less, service centers to provide loaner cars, AC to not be stinky, the paint to not be crappy, panels to be aligned, batteries to not degrade, CarPlay, Android Auto, sportier bucket seats, trunk kick sensor, individual child locks for rear door, doors that don’t rely on electronic release, easier way to jumpstart the car when the 12V dies…

Reactions: afadeev