Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With all the talk about Robo taxi.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched the entire live stream and not one person asked if all vehicles equipped with FSD will be fully autonomous by the end of this year. It just seems like it’s jumping the gun a bit to be discussing a taxi service win the primary focus should be just getting the vehicles on the road first. When I bring up for autonomy before the end of the year, everyone still balks. Isn’t the robo taxi thing a little premature?

I watched the entire live stream and not one person asked if all vehicles equipped with FSD will be fully autonomous by the end of this year. It just seems like it’s jumping the gun a bit to be discussing a taxi service win the primary focus should be just getting the vehicles on the road first. When I bring up for autonomy before the end of the year, everyone still balks. Isn’t the robo taxi thing a little premature?

Not sure how much you missed, but Elon explicitly said he didn't even expect the FSD system to be capable of hands-off driving before Q2 of 2020, and the first regulatory approval of it, at best, by end of 2020.

So nobody asked if they'd be fully auto taxis by end of this year because Elon clearly had already told us it'd be nowhere close to that.

Not sure how much you missed, but Elon explicitly said he didn't even expect the FSD system to be capable of hands-off driving before Q2 of 2020, and the first regulatory approval of it, at best, by end of 2020.

So nobody asked if they'd be fully auto taxis by end of this year because Elon clearly had already told us it'd be nowhere close to that.

I wasn't referring to fully autonomous taxis. Just FSD in general and when full autonomy would be realized. I guess I missed him answering that though. So much for it being any kind of reality before the end of this year then. It was the entire reason I watched the stream but the people spent more time asking questions about the taxi service then anything else.

Robotaxi is a long term goal. Idea is that your car can be put to work making money while you are not using it, if you wish.
Would make your car into a money maker instead of an expense like now.

Says that if you buy a Tesla now, it will come with the equipment necessary to begin making you money when the technology becomes available.

This is Elon's forward looking thinking. May never happen, but I expect that someday this will be the state of the art for personal transportation. Kind of like offering Uber service with a driverless vehicle. While you are sleeping, your car will be earning money.