Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wondering About The Y We Are Scheduled To Pick Up Next Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered our Model Y in December 2019. I kept putting the finalization off as I kept reading about all the build problems and just recently (about 3 weeks ago) decided it's probably time to just finalize everything on my account and get the Y. I filled out all the documents and all is in order. I have a scheduled delivery date to pick her up on September 26th. My VIN is 48xxx. I'm just wondering if I'm seeing people reporting VIN's in the 52xxx and 53xxx range that 1) is this a rejected vehicle that has been sitting around and 2) is this model Y going to have the old tail lights rather than the new ones with the yellow turn signals and slightly different lenses. I have no problem rejecting the Y if it's the old tail lights. I know they will try to scare me by telling me I'll have to wait a couple months or some ridiculous amount of time. I really don't care. I own the car I'm trading in so I have been putting this purchase off since they started texting me to finalize way back in April. Just wondering on anyone's input on either of these two points. Thanks. Oh, and I should probably go by the local service center where we pick up the vehicle a few days before our scheduled delivery date to see the model Y....if it's an old one with the old lights I am definitely rejecting it. One more thing. On our VIN, the 9th digit (the check digit) is a letter X. On most VIN's i have seen people post, this check digit is a number 2 or 4. Just wondering.....

I am also taking delivery same day, I ordered when delivery was 10-14 weeks and a week later one was set for me. My VIN is 49xx and I was told it was built in September. I asked if it was a reject and chat said it was not a reject, and was built from factory and has been en route to the center for delivery since it was born. He said he would be able to see if the car landed somewhere and was rejected before being matched to me. Who knows.