Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woo hoo - in production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!
What is your expected delivery date/location?

I'm due for delivery in about a month...and was just trying to get a sense of timing for production to actual delivery.
As I understand it, production takes about 2 days,,,then another day or 2 to get the car 'ready for shipping'....then about 10-14 to ship(to the east coast).

Congrats!
What is your expected delivery date/location?

I'm due for delivery in about a month...and was just trying to get a sense of timing for production to actual delivery.
As I understand it, production takes about 2 days,,,then another day or 2 to get the car 'ready for shipping'....then about 10-14 to ship(to the east coast).

Mine took exactly 3 days. Then 7 days later delivered to Rockville. Add 1 more day for delivery QA. So 8 days to the East Coast. See my timeline in sig below :)

I remember when you had to wait over a month for your car to get built, tested, and delivered once it went into "production". Of course at that time the website said that the "Factory was building your car" for several months before it actually was. Oh the good old days when you really got to enjoy the excitement and frustration of waiting for your Tesla.

I am 41864, in production yesterday, scheduled for delivery Saturday:) 7 June.
P85+, Tucson!

I am starting to think "Production" starts a lot earlier than when it shows on your MyTesla. I am still sourcing parts, but my DS said I was in production (though he won't tell me at what stage) and was denied a configuration change because its too far along. While it's pretty cool to think that your car can be put together a few days before you take delivery of it, it just doesn't seem to line up. I have seen the MegaFactory episode on YouTube, but I wonder how that lines up with updates you receive on MyTesla. This is also assuming there is a "real-time" status system we have visibility into. They could just have periodic batch updates like it seems they do with VIN assignment. I have noticed a lot more people post in bulk when they go to Prod or finish.

However it works, I just want to see it work on my car and go to "In Production"! I can't bring myself to pay for it while its still "Sourcing Parts".