Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woohoo! First problem! Car sees snowflakes as obstructions and screams STOP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

disagree

hos epi to polu
Feb 20, 2016
chicago, il
Just returned from a quick jaunt to pickup a package during day 2 of ownership. It was snowing and my car kept telling me to stop because it was sensing something dead center in front. But there wasn't anything.

Also it would occasionally tell me Parking Assist Disabled.

Is this a common issue with the cars' sensors in the snow? Or is this an AP 2.0 yet to be worked out kink? Or are my sensors defective? Etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It was snowing and my car kept telling me to stop because it was sensing something dead center in front. But there wasn't anything.

This must be your ultrasonics. Strange that their 'that' sensitive. Your car has the latest SW, with side collition warning?

On my (AP1.0)-car, I get the same warnings/messages when my ultrasonics are packed with snow/ice buildup

Thanks for the replies!

Snowing again today, but nothing weird from the car. I wonder if indeed some slush hit it perfectly wrongly last night.

It is AP 2.0, but I do not have the latest update yet. (Is there a trick to getting these?)

Clearly, to investigate this further, I should just tell my wife that I need to drive my new car as much as possible today.

Just had this happen to my car as well. Not that much snow on my car, but stopped at a redlight with nothing on any side of me and my car is screaming stop. I'm AP 1.0 got it in August.

Earlier in the day wouldn't even let me use Cruise Control, let alone autopilot saying visibility is low for the radar.

Also keep getting the park assist is disabled message as well.

I thought this was just with my car and was about to send a video of this to Tesla to see if its faulty haha.

File_006.mov

Last edited: