Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Word of Caution Rear Hatch clearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Well if this helps 1 person, I’ve done my job here. I’ve made a dumb áss move yesterday while at the Supercharger.

Took the model Y out to a local Supercharger to ensure the Y was linked to my account so that when we head out to Vegas this Friday all is well, it worked.

Now for the Bonehead move.

I backed up into the stall to charge and there’s a pole with a Tesla sign on each stall dead center, you are able to back up until you get close enough or hit the stopper on the ground. I opened the rear hatch from the inside using the screen controls to get some wipes to clean the handle and bang!

The bottom edge of the hatch hit the pole and got stuck, I had to hit the switch and move the hatch down. Left a tiny scratch on the bottom edge, not noticeable but it’s there.

So do not back up too close and do not open the rear hatch from the inside of the car without going out and looking first.

Fred

I’ll go you one better... decided to take advantage of some “free” energy today at a Whole Foods 365... opened the hatch from inside to grab the adapter from the bag... turn the corner to grab it and... Smack! put a knot on my grape from the hatch set to not hit anything in the garage... :eek:
Brightside: my scrape will mend itself!

ß

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up