Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Work on lighting lift gate appliqué begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any reliable connection with the Bluetooth controller?

About 90% of the time, I can NOT connect to get the optional lighting features to work.

I am using a iPhone 6 with the ADA Bluefuit app.

see my note above.
after upgrading to v1.6.1, I could not connect most of the time.
i reverted to v1.5 and again don't have any issues at all.

Faughtz, how do you revert back to v1.5?

They did a revision 2 days ago to v1.6.1 I think it was v1.6 which was giving me issues.

Just before, I went to my car, and connected with no problem on the first try. It probably doesn't matter, but this time I was standing on the rear right side of the car, which I think most of the wires are located. Before I was standing towards the left side.

Also, before trying the ADA Bluefruit App, I did use nRF UART App, and had no problems connecting with that.

Faughtz, how do you revert back to v1.5?

They did a revision 2 days ago to v1.6.1 I think it was v1.6 which was giving me issues.

Just before, I went to my car, and connected with no problem on the first try. It probably doesn't matter, but this time I was standing on the rear right side of the car, which I think most of the wires are located. Before I was standing towards the left side.

Also, before trying the ADA Bluefruit App, I did use nRF UART App, and had no problems connecting with that.
I'm on 1.6.1 and working fine. Usually connecting from standing behind the car. Haven't tried it from either side.

Perhaps try clearing the list (forcing a refresh) by dragging the list down and connect again.

I'm on 1.6.1 and working fine. Usually connecting from standing behind the car. Haven't tried it from either side.

Perhaps try clearing the list (forcing a refresh) by dragging the list down and connect again.

I'm pretty confident my problem was with 1.6. I deleted and reinstalled and still could only occasionally connect. Other Bluetooth LE apps connected (and stayed connected) to the applique easily. I had not synched with iTunes so still had 1.5 and reloaded on iPhone and have not had a single problem connecting in a couple of weeks, even from 20 or 30 feet away. I haven't tried 1.6.1, wonder if that fixed the problem; I can try tonight. To revert, I used something like this http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543. I still have 1.5, if anyone needs it.

I'm pretty confident my problem was with 1.6. I deleted and reinstalled and still could only occasionally connect. Other Bluetooth LE apps connected (and stayed connected) to the applique easily. I had not synched with iTunes so still had 1.5 and reloaded on iPhone and have not had a single problem connecting in a couple of weeks, even from 20 or 30 feet away. I haven't tried 1.6.1, wonder if that fixed the problem; I can try tonight. To revert, I used something like this http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543. I still have 1.5, if anyone needs it.

I tested iOS Bluefruit LE this evening.
1.5 and 1.6.1 work fine for me.
1.6 will not stay connected long enough to issue commands.

Has anyone else been able to get DIS or ADONS commands to function using Danal's v3.0 firmware?

Madge, I'm soaking in it! Loving it sooo much!

parking lights.jpg

I tested iOS Bluefruit LE this evening.
1.5 and 1.6.1 work fine for me.
1.6 will not stay connected long enough to issue commands.

Has anyone else been able to get DIS or ADONS commands to function using Danal's v3.0 firmware?

DIS was replaced by DIF (Fade) in 3.0. This was to make all commands consistent, S is used for "Steady" in several other commands.

ADONS is also non-existent... but should be there! It should be "Auto Display ON Steady". I will add this to 3.1.

Here is an extremely summarized version of the 3.0 command set. I will be updating the more friendly document soon... real soon... :)

Configuration
FR Factory Reset entire config, and reboot.
TL[ON|OFF] Tail Light
RT[ON|OFF] Right Turn light
LT[ON|OFF] Left Turn light
BR[ON|OFF][Centerout|Steady|blinkG|Flash blinkconstant] BRake light
RV[ON|OFF][Centerout|Steady|modelsFade|Kittscroll][RRGGBB] ReVerse light
CH[ON|OFF][teslaEat|Centerout|Steady|modelsFade|Kittscroll]|[rrggbb] CHarge light. Factory default color bright green (hex 00FF00)

AD[ON|OFF][modelsFade|Kittscroll|Charge|Randomdisco] Auto Display

TT[nnn] Turn Trim

ND Name Display
NS[xxxxxxx] Name Set

Colors held in configuration:

Color for Charge
Color for Reverse Note: Any color other than white is likely illegal when car is moving. Use at own risk.
Note: Color for Tail is always LIGHT RED (hex 200000) and this cannot be changed.
Note: Color for Brake/RightTurn/LeftTurn is always BRIGHT RED (hex FF0000) and this cannot be changed.

Immediate
RB ReBoot
FM Free Memory
CV Code Version
CS Config Show
GS G Sensor
DI[modelsFade[rrggbb]|Kittscroll[rrggbb]|Charge|Randomdisco[nnn]] Display Immediate
OF OFf (turns off any immediate display)

Colors:
Colors set for Display Immediate (not kept across power cycles):
Color for S (modelS)
Color for K (Kitt scroll)

Other colors used in Display Immediate commands:
Color for C (Charge) is determined by configuration of CH command
Color for R (Random disco) is, well, it is random!

Shortcuts:
TF = DIFFFFFFF (Tesla model s Fade, bright white)
KS = DIKFF0000 (Kitt Scroll, bright red)

Last edited: