Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worried about service centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O... K then. I didn't realize this was your private forum. If you're going to continue to incessantly complain and use bloviated language on a public forum to say things like:

"Just warning all new users that if you purchase a Tesla vehicle you will GET NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER in the Pennsylvania area..."

I'm going to show up - if somebody else hasn't already - and call you on it.
And I'll call you Tesla apologist on the carpet when Tesla fails to provide even basic support to their customers.

Then click the ignore button and live in ignorant bliss. I will rant against Tesla poor service all I wish until they fix the problems with my vehicle. And if you want to apologize for Tesla, how about you call Tesla and see if they can fix my problem. Tesla Model 3 Performance, VIN#5YJ3E1EB6JF082642, Version 2019.24.4.4 73fb1ab. I'll give you the phone numbers, Tesla Main Service Number (good luck getting through this number) (888) 518-3752.

Why on earth would we call Tesla to try and fix your situation? Why don't you? Why don't you go down the service center and demand to speak to a manager? There's nothing any of us can do here, and you're not doing yourself any good continuing to complain on a forum where nobody can help you. I just don't follow your logic.

And I'll call you Tesla apologist on the carpet when Tesla fails to provide even basic support to their customers.

I'm DEFINITELY not a Tesla apologist. In fact, if you can be bothered to go through my posting history - one of the first things I did when I got my new Model 3 a few months back was to complain about the backup camera frame-rate on HW3 Model 3s like mine. This issue still hasn't been addressed. Oh, and it took the Tesla Service Center 11 days to find me a replacement tire after I put a hole through a 20" wheel and tire.

Nutty.

So, do I love my Tesla? Yes. Am I a Tesla apologist? Never in a million years.

Why on earth would we call Tesla to try and fix your situation? Why don't you? Why don't you go down the service center and demand to speak to a manager? There's nothing any of us can do here, and you're not doing yourself any good continuing to complain on a forum where nobody can help you. I just don't follow your logic.
I've already called Tesla, and texted, and used their app Einstein! The Service Center is a 2 hour drive away, how about you pay me the money to make a drive like that? Tesla and Tesla influences view this forum, future buyers monitor this forum, why do you want to hide the truth?

I'm DEFINITELY not a Tesla apologist. In fact, if you can be bothered to go through my posting history - one of the first things I did when I got my new Model 3 a few months back was to complain about the backup camera frame-rate on HW3 Model 3s like mine. This issue still hasn't been addressed. Oh, and it took the Tesla Service Center 11 days to find me a replacement tire after I put a hole through a 20" wheel and tire.

Nutty.

So, do I love my Tesla? Yes. Am I a Tesla apologist? Never in a million years.
Why should I look through your posting history? I bought a Tesla, I expect a BARE MINIMUM amount of support. You railing against me for having the audacity for speaking up speaks volumes. I haven't asked Tesla to fix squeaks or weird sounds, panel gaps, paint defects. I only ask Tesla for support when the damn car won't work or breaks down. The latest issue is with bubbles in the dash, which doesn't affect the car driving but I finally decided to have it fixed after 10 months of ownership. No other car manufacture would have an issue with this.

Why should I look through your posting history? I bought a Tesla, I expect a BARE MINIMUM amount of support. You railing against me for having the audacity for speaking up speaks volumes.

I'm sorry, but something doesn't add up to me. Tesla ignoring you? For no reason? Really? Take it to the media, then. Blow this thing sky high!

It would be illegal for them to not offer service. I'm guessing there's something you're not telling us. But that's just a guess. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And I'm not railing on you for speaking up. I'm railing on you for doing NOTHING BUT. You post in just about every thread about how Tesla sucks. Create your own thread, post about how Tesla sucks - and then move on. You're just wasting your own time, and others' times here.

I'm sorry, but something doesn't add up to me. Tesla ignoring you? For no reason? Really? Take it to the media, then. Blow this thing sky high!

It would be illegal for them to not offer service. I'm guessing there's something you're not telling us. But that's just a guess. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And I'm not railing on you for speaking up. I'm railing on you for doing NOTHING BUT. You post in just about every thread about how Tesla sucks. Create your own thread, post about how Tesla sucks - and then move on. You're just wasting your own time, and others' times here.
You don't think I'm not? How many people give their real name and VIN number in public? You're just an anonymous person on the internet. How about you reveal your VIN number and real name?

You don't think I'm not? How many people give their real name and VIN number in public? You're just an anonymous person on the internet. How about you reveal your VIN number and real name?

Because.... I don't have any major beefs with Tesla to do that? Because it wouldn't do any good? Because somehow you think posting your VIN makes any difference - when it doesn't?

I give up. Rant away. Can't wait to read your next response, and see which of the rest of my posts you disagree with. Keep on keeping on.

Because.... I don't have any major beefs with Tesla to do that? Because it wouldn't do any good? Because somehow you think posting your VIN makes any difference - when it doesn't?

I give up. Rant away. Can't wait to read your next response, and see which of the rest of my posts you disagree with. Keep on keeping on.
Tesla Apologist. No matter the problem, it's the customer's fault. And yes I've been temporarily banned here before for disagreeing with posts ranting against me. Go ahead and sick the moderators after me for speaking up. TMC is all about censorship. Shut up the customers who are having problems with Tesla. It's the only right thing to do to support Tesla, suppress uncomfortable information so we can talk about the fun stuff.

Wading into the pool..

Actual Service Center experience has been very good. Communicating with Tesla when I need something has been hit or miss. Because I live close to my “home” SC, it is easy to drive there and speak to someone in person. And because I live in the DMV area, I can also visit at least 2 others that aren’t that far away.

Obviously have read others’ stories and they are of concern. Tesla needs to fix sooner rather than later.

I met an elder gentleman (I am not young myself) this weekend who asked about my car. He was very knowledgeable about Tesla, EVs, and all of Elon’s companies. He was aware of some of the service issues. I showed him my yellow border. We discussed the pros and cons. He asked how I enjoyed my car. I answered that I enjoy driving it every day. Long story short - for him the joy he would get by having a Tesla, knowing the current issues, outweighs the concerns/risks of issues. There-in lies the dilemma for many of us.

My Experience: About 3 weeks after my Model 3 was delivered to my home. I noticed issues with Sentry Mode video looking garbled on one of the side cameras. I went to my app and clicked on "Schedule Service". It asked me what my issue was and then brought me to the screen that allowed me to pick a day for service from dates and times that were available. I was able to schedule a service appointment that as 2 days later.

On my service day I arrived about 30 minutes early and approached a service representative. He greeted my politely and took my key card. And they got my car in just before my scheduled time. From my app I could see the doors and hood open. They had the car for about an hour. During this time I hung out in the service area's lounge and used their WiFi to work from there.

About an hour later the tech came in to the lounge with his laptop and showed me the diagnostic data coming from my car. It showed that everything was fine. He then pulled up a tech article stating that the issue was software related and that the issue would be fixed in the next updated. (This was April 2019) It was.

During the entire process everyone I encountered was attentive, professional and friendly. I left the service center completely satisfied with my service experience.

I'm not saying that Tesla is perfect. It's clear that there are locations where their service coverage needs improvement. But Tesla is actively working on those weaker areas as is evident by the following:

https://electrek.co/2019/08/07/tesla-open-30-service-centers/
and
Tesla, San Jose college team up to offer technician program

That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that a company that didn't care would do.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Wading into the pool..

Actual Service Center experience has been very good. Communicating with Tesla when I need something has been hit or miss. Because I live close to my “home” SC, it is easy to drive there and speak to someone in person. And because I live in the DMV area, I can also visit at least 2 others that aren’t that far away.

Obviously have read others’ stories and they are of concern. Tesla needs to fix sooner rather than later.

I met an elder gentleman (I am not young myself) this weekend who asked about my car. He was very knowledgeable about Tesla, EVs, and all of Elon’s companies. He was aware of some of the service issues. I showed him my yellow border. We discussed the pros and cons. He asked how I enjoyed my car. I answered that I enjoy driving it every day. Long story short - for him the joy he would get by having a Tesla, knowing the current issues, outweighs the concerns/risks of issues. There-in lies the dilemma for many of us.
When I've been to a Tesla Service Center (In the Pittsburgh PA Area, and on Travels to Colorado and North Carolina and elswehere) they have been very cordial, professional, and a delight to visit. It's just that lately their ability to contact them through virtual means (texting, email, website, through the app) has become very difficult. I hope everyone can get the support they need. If I lived near my service center it would be no problem, when you see a real person at Tesla they will take care of you. But if you are far away, well then you are on your own. I find, however, some folks on TMC to be less accommodating, even using TMC mods to censor people's opinions when it suits them.

Reactions: outdoors
When I've been to a Tesla Service Center (In the Pittsburgh PA Area, and on Travels to Colorado and North Carolina and elswehere) they have been very cordial, professional, and a delight to visit. It's just that lately their ability to contact them through virtual means (texting, email, website, through the app) has become very difficult. I hope everyone can get the support they need. If I lived near my service center it would be no problem, when you see a real person at Tesla they will take care of you. But if you are far away, well then you are on your own. I find, however, some folks on TMC to be less accommodating, even using TMC mods to censor people's opinions when it suits them.

I understand your frustration. I have read similar posts by others in different locations. As of yet, there doesn’t seem to be a fix for the problem, which I would define as consistent available good communication, with an ability to get help when you need it. I would continue to monitor the forum to see if/when solutions (either one-offs, or general improvements) occur that might be applicable to you. I think potential buyers or new owners can search on “Service,” and get the gist of what is occurring from what is currently there. That would be my advice to the OP. I for one, want to maintain my forum status to continue to learn how to navigate issues I may encounter (e.g., yellow border).

Good luck.

When I've been to a Tesla Service Center (In the Pittsburgh PA Area, and on Travels to Colorado and North Carolina and elsewhere) they have been very cordial, professional, and a delight to visit. It's just that lately their ability to contact them through virtual means (texting, email, website, through the app) has become very difficult. I hope everyone can get the support they need. If I lived near my service center it would be no problem, when you see a real person at Tesla they will take care of you. But if you are far away, well then you are on your own. I find, however, some folks on TMC to be less accommodating, even using TMC mods to censor people's opinions when it suits them.

They are building new service centers every month. I know your frustrated, but you will get one near you eventually. I don't think the texting, email... options are sustainable by any company long term, you simply can't hire enough people that know what they are talking about to handle the amount of volume that Tesla sees. The only solution is service centers in mass. That's were the new training programs come in.

...you simply can't hire enough people that know what they are talking about to handle the amount of volume that Tesla sees. The only solution is service centers in mass. That's were the new training programs come in.

But isn't that a serious problem created by Tesla? Why would Tesla sell cars it knows can't be serviced? (These are rhetorical questions...)

Obviously, Tesla wants to sell cars. But now that I am looking for them , the M3 is like the new Prius in West Los Angeles. They are everywhere. But there is one small service center in the area which can't possibly accommodate all of them.

I think this is not a good strategy in the long run. There appears to be a lot of dissatisfied owners. When those owners geta chance to buy a different electric car from another company, they may jump ship.

But isn't that a serious problem created by Tesla? Why would Tesla sell cars it knows can't be serviced? (These are rhetorical questions...)

Obviously, Tesla wants to sell cars. But now that I am looking for them , the M3 is like the new Prius in West Los Angeles. They are everywhere. But there is one small service center in the area which can't possibly accommodate all of them.

I think this is not a good strategy in the long run. There appears to be a lot of dissatisfied owners. When those owners geta chance to buy a different electric car from another company, they may jump ship.

A few months back - Consumer Reports did an article on cars with highest customer satisfaction. Model 3 was at the top of the list along with a Porsche and cant remember the 3rd.

If you go to the electric vehicle forums - there is a mixed bag of results from the I-pace and E-tron owners.

Reactions: ibGeek
Then click the ignore button and live in ignorant bliss. I will rant against Tesla poor service all I wish until they fix the problems with my vehicle. And if you want to apologize for Tesla, how about you call Tesla and see if they can fix my problem. Tesla Model 3 Performance, VIN#5YJ3E1EB6JF082642, Version 2019.24.4.4 73fb1ab. I'll give you the phone numbers, Tesla Main Service Number (good luck getting through this number) (888) 518-3752.

I read few comments that the way you get to some real human is you call the sales number, then ask to be transferred to service. Have you tried that trick? Read here on page 3. See #56 there. Tesla seems more interested in sales then service.
Tesla Customer Service is a Black Hole

I read few comments that the way you get to some real human is you call the sales number, then ask to be transferred to service. Have you tried that trick? Read here on page 3. Tesla seems more interested in sales then service.
Tesla Customer Service is a Black Hole
Yeah tried that this evening, no go. Customer service is closed. I'll call tomorrow and wait for my mobile service to show up. From what I've read a dash pad replacement takes a few days to complete, and mobile service can't handle this complex of a repair from what I can see on the forum posts about it. If it takes another month or two I might run out of warranty service (and highly likely due to how much I drive the thing) due to high mileage, guess it's what's necessary to complete the transition to sustainable transport. Too bad I'm not a billionaire like Elon Musk. I'm sure Tesla knows this fact.

Last edited: