Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Customer Service is a Black Hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried chat, had my questions ready BUT there was no connection after 15 minutes!
Here are my questions.

1. What is the warranty?

2. Where do I get warranty service if required.

3. How much degradation in the battery should I expect in -30 to -40 weather?

4. Is there a trip planner for the Tesla that lists where to stop to get a supercharge? If so, link please.

5. What is the delivery time for White w/Black interior, AWD, 18" rims, FSD?

6. How do the balance of payments get made after the M/C down payment?

7. Is the car safety certified for Manitoba?

8. Do you charge the GST and Manitoba PST?

9. With the order of #5 is the Black a Premium Interior, or is only White the Premium Interior?

1. What is the warranty?

Your vehicle is protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 80,000 km, whichever comes first. The Battery and Drive Unit in your vehicle are covered for a period of:
  • Model 3 - 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
  • Model 3 with Long-Range Battery - 8 years or 192,000 km, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
These warranties cover the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of any parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla, which occur under normal use.

Vehicle Warranty

2. Where do I get warranty service if required.

Auto selected, for you likely Toronto. They will pay to send the car to the service center if needed, but you will have to go get it. If minor repairs they send a tech to you.

3. How much degradation in the battery should I expect in -30 to -40 weather?

40-50%

4. Is there a trip planner for the Tesla that lists where to stop to get a supercharge? If so, link please.

Yes, Trip Planner | Tesla

A better route planner is a bit better as it shows non-tesla chargers as well and will still send maps to the in vehicle navigation.
Also the in car navigation system will also plan a route with charging for you.

Note that a lot of Canadian superchargers don't open until later this year. Then we can all go across Canada. For you most notably the Winnipeg location which is under construction from the pictures I've seen of it.

5. What is the delivery time for White w/Black interior, AWD, 18" rims, FSD?

2 Weeks is what they'll tell you. Likely closer to 4.

6. How do the balance of payments get made after the M/C down payment?

In the online system you can apply for financing after you place the order, you can still cancel for a full refund in this time.

7. Is the car safety certified for Manitoba?

All vehicles for sale in Canada must meet and pass Transport Canada regulations. Tesla's are included in this.

8. Do you charge the GST and Manitoba PST?

Yes, both are charged based on the province of order.

9. With the order of #5 is the Black a Premium Interior, or is only White the Premium Interior?

Both are available with a premium interior.

Thank you very much for that @escpethewrmhle you have provided more assistance than Tesla
#2 Probably Calgary as it is closer- actually Minneapolis is 200km (one way) closer and that is why I went there for the drive.
#5 They say 3 weeks and Calgary said they will transport to my door. Just wondering how accurate it is.
#6 Would not be financing it. Would be a cash deal.
#7 Manitoba has a safety inspection requirement. I would require Tesla to state that.
#8 Possibly if MB is the province of order then #7 would not be required.
#9 In the final page (Payment) it does say Premium for the Black - did not notice until today.

Thank you very much for that @escpethewrmhle you have provided more assistance than Tesla
#2 Probably Calgary as it is closer- actually Minneapolis is 200km (one way) closer and that is why I went there for the drive.
#5 They say 3 weeks and Calgary said they will transport to my door. Just wondering how accurate it is.
#6 Would not be financing it. Would be a cash deal.
#7 Manitoba has a safety inspection requirement. I would require Tesla to state that.
#8 Possibly if MB is the province of order then #7 would not be required.
#9 In the final page (Payment) it does say Premium for the Black - did not notice until today.

2 - That would make sense.
5 - That is pretty accurate, and yes they will deliver right to you. I ordered mine M3P on the 22nd, and a VIN was assigned today. It's about a week after that for delivery anywhere in Canada putting right around the 3 week mark.
6 - the same area where you would apply for financing you arrange payment when the VIN is assigned. You will get a text or email saying "make final payment"
7/8 - I believe the Tesla is exempt from the COI under the caveat of "A new vehicle that is not subject to periodic mandatory inspections." And because the car is for all intents and purposes originating in MB due to taxes being charged in MB it is exempt as it's not being "transferred". No different than any other dealership in the province.

Truth...I agree, the Service leaves a lot to be desired. And really takes some of the luster off the entire purchase.

I've said it many times (as many of you know) - Service is where other companies (MB/BMW/Audi/etc) will beat Tesla all day long.

Tesla, ya'll need to get your act together.

Yeah - you're a young company.

But - you are not asking 'young company' prices....

I love my car - but, dang - service stinks....Consumer Reports was onto something .... at least, in my 10 months of ownership.

Truth...I agree, the Service leaves a lot to be desired. And really takes some of the luster off the entire purchase.

I've said it many times (as many of you know) - Service is where other companies (MB/BMW/Audi/etc) will beat Tesla all day long.

Tesla, ya'll need to get your act together.

Yeah - you're a young company.
We've been using that tired excuse for > 10 years. What defines NOT a young company? Rivian? :)

Tesla site had delivery date as 8/7/2019. No calls to verify. No responses from my delivery guy via email or phone. Texted dude at Tesla showroom, and he lets me know car isn't scheduled to be shipped till 8/8. ughhh. Say original date is tentative, even though it does not say that on Tesla website. Zero communication. My Tesla showroom contact has been the only one who helps me.

I just find it funny ... so many folks like to deflect the issue of poor customer service back to the Young Company argument.

Using the Young Company as a reason to not address/acknowledge the poor customer service issues, which seem wide spread...somewhat shows how much folks are "drinking the Tesla kool-aid".

It's almost like it feels "too embrassasing" for some folks to acknowledge there is an issue with the Customer Service at Tesla. Sort of like it would be a huge it on their ego, for some reason.

Realize - there are alot of owners who haven't ran into any Customer Service issues, yet - (or never will) - but, for us who have, it is a shock to see how low the bar really is for Tesla. Lower than Hyundai.

I love my car - but, dang, come on Tesla Customer Service. Step it up.

The only way to speak with someone regarding an issue, no matter what it is, is to make an appointment a week or two out......

Didn't get a referral? Make an appointment.
Car is in service with no updates? Make an appointment.
Your last service appointment didn't fix the issues? Make an appointment.
Employees at the service center can't help with the issue on hand? Make an appointment?

Tesla's goal seems to be to give decent service during the 7 day return period then hope it's so annoying that owners just live with the issues for the mission. That's some craziness.

Reactions: Manitoba Keith