Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worse than waiting for your Tesla? The ship could be in fire...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You've probably already heard about the ship on fire off Portugal full of Porsches, Audis, and Bentleys. This headline that the fire is continuing to rage because of the Lithium-ion batteries on board caught my eye. Why? Because Tay-can. ;)

Lithium-ion batteries 'keeping the fire alive' on burning cargo ship carrying luxury cars

Funny how there’s no word of the fuel in all the ICE cars not burning though.
I can’t see it causing any problems for shipping EVs. It’s not as though the EVs started the fire.

Funny how there’s no word of the fuel in all the ICE cars not burning though.
I can’t see it causing any problems for shipping EVs. It’s not as though the EVs started the fire.
Its a bit like the cladding fiasco. The cladding didnt start the fire but now insurers will not insure a building with flammable cladding, even though the same building might be full of timber and fabrics.

It would be interesting to compare the carbon emissions from the burning cars and ship, with the carbon emissions that the ICE cars on board would have emitted if they had been successfully delivered and driven for years. The ship’s fuel is a wash since it would have burned one way or the other. This might be better for the environment. Joking, of course. Sort of.

Reactions: Hovean
Any chance to push the idea that EV's are dangerous because of their batteries.

Although things like this fiery crash don't help, it is clear the battery in this EV6 isn't burning despite the collision, but that won't stop MSM from using 'EV', 'fire' and 'battery' a lot in their report and then link to past stories of fires in EVs.

1645484271360.png