TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Worst customer service ever

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Sac86, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sac86

Sac86 Member

Ordered a model 3 sr+ With 19” alloys early May 19, received a message saying expect delivery in August.......but didn’t hear anything after. Kept getting told the car might arrive next shipment. 7 months later I got tired of ringing and chasing.

Gave up and decided to go for a used model S instead on 4th December, thinking as the car exists, it should be simple to get it before Christmas. I’ve been ringing every week to chase. It’s taken until today, a month for them to even acknowledge my order. But apparently they are having I.T issues with used cars, so likely won’t get the car to me until end of Jan if I’m lucky!

Fuming at the lack of basic communication and awful customer service. I’ve been told their is no complaints line/email, which shows they don’t care about the consumer. Anyone new to Tesla, be aware their service is miles behind.

• Like x 3
  2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

No. Not the worse customer service ever. There's many worse than this. Not even in top ten. Sorry.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Sac86

Sac86 Member

Ok maybe I’m getting carried away, haven’t lost an arm or a leg. But worst customer service I’ve ever experienced

• Like x 1
  4. Glan gluaisne

Glan gluaisne Supporting Member

To be fair, there is probably a marked difference between regions, and your experience may not be anything like the experience UK buyers are getting.

Here in the UK Tesla customer service is pretty universally abysmal, far, far worse than any other car manufacturer I've ever dealt with in over 40 years of driving and maybe 30 years of buying new cars. The lack of communications is simply appalling, and may well be related to the company only having been selling cars in significant volume here for a few months. It seems to me that, despite having a lot of advance orders for the Model 3, Tesla just weren't geared up to handle the increase in the number of customers they have had since the car became available her a few months ago.

• Like x 9
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

100% agree!

It’s the whole experience that counts, I often get strangers come up asking questions about the car and how to get hold of Tesla as they have tried to phone them for weeks to ask questions but can’t get through, they then wonder what it would be like if they brought the car and need servicing or need to get hold of them...

Poor service and customer experience will cost them in the long run.

• Like x 3
  6. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

TBH I have never really had a problem I emailed sales guy I met on test drive, he pretty well answered same day or next, calling roadside assist sure sometimes it took ages, and sometimes instant, I would pop in the SC they were always willing to help and answer ?'s.

I think your issue is as it seems to be with others ordering something that is not standard, like 19' wheels, tow bars, tat always seems to be the issue.

You would have had your car months ago :( 3 that is

• Like x 1
  7. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I think that the experience can be very variable.

For me, the pre-buying experience was fine. Yes, the communication is extremely poor, but I had much the same experience when I bought the Kona electric direct from Hyundai. Then, I did have a phone number to ring, but the folk on the other end of the line could never tell me anything, so it was a waste of time anyway.

The few issues I’ve had with the car have been sorted out as arranged.

I still don’t have any progress on my missing referral miles, which is a bit of a bummer, but not really a huge deal.

I really do sympathise with those who’ve had a bad or terrible experience, but it really does seem to depend on luck.

8. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

I could chime in here with a few experiences of my own ... but maybe not this time
    (sighs of relief all round no doubt)

Blame all the other manufacturers instead.
    It is their inability to produce even vaguely competitive cars that allows Tesla to get away with behaving as they do.

Hang in there and get your car though, it will be worth it.
    Then just hope you have to deal with Tesla as little as possible, and all will be good.

• Like x 2