Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worth installing OEM rear sway bar on my SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the SR models don’t have a rear sway bar I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy a used one and install it or should I go straight to Eibach sways at 3X the price?

Has anyone installed a sway bar on the rear of their SR? Do I just need the end links? Are all the mounting points already on the car?

Depends on how much you can source a used rear bar for. Full new Eibach set-up will definitely be better but if you can get an OEM bar for a good deal, it should make a noticeable gain. Also, you may have to buy swaybar end links regardless if you go oem or Eibach.

Rear bracket/bushing will be hard to source. All aftermarket rear sway uses stock bracket with their own bushing. Look it up the part number in Tesla parts catalog (google the URL) for the part number. Then ask your SC to order it for you. Just be warned. Tesla spare part ordering is a pain. All parts can only be ordered as part of a service ticket, so you will need to go into your SC. Be nice to the SC people then they will be more willing to help.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nauman87
Rear bracket/bushing will be hard to source. All aftermarket rear sway uses stock bracket with their own bushing. Look it up the part number in Tesla parts catalog (google the URL) for the part number. Then ask your SC to order it for you. Just be warned. Tesla spare part ordering is a pain. All parts can only be ordered as part of a service ticket, so you will need to go into your SC. Be nice to the SC people then they will be more willing to help.
It looks like the Eibach kit comes with their own brackets for the rear. However, I'd need the rear endlinks which look to be a bit pricey even used on ebay. I'd also need the OEM hardware which who knows how hard that is to track down. I somehow lost one of the nuts off a front swaybar link when I was lowering it and it seems to be an impossible nut to source even online. I had to buy a similar flange nut but it was missing the nylock feature so I added a lock washer behind it and some blue locktite.

Rear bracket/bushing will be hard to source. All aftermarket rear sway uses stock bracket with their own bushing..

You referring to these? These come with UP set.
UP SB.jpg

200TW in OEM size or different size? If loose with oem rear sway bar on the SR+, maybe Tesla never included a rear bar for the lighter SR+ on purpose rather than to save a bit of money?

It was our track setup, so we went from the 235 width 19" Contis to 275 width RE71R. It definitely wasn't to save money, the SR is the most rear-heavy variant of the Model 3. That being said, the bar remains on the car now!

It was our track setup, so we went from the 235 width 19" Contis to 275 width RE71R. It definitely wasn't to save money, the SR is the most rear-heavy variant of the Model 3. That being said, the bar remains on the car now!
That's interesting and good info. Any benefit you see on an SR+ with RSB using oem size 200TW tires or 275 width tires with oem spec compound? Recipes for tail-wagging happiness?

@MountainPass a slightly off topic question for you. When you guys put in the LR RSB into the SR+, obviously end links were required. My question is if the SR+ needs any other modifications to install the RSB and endlinks? Are all the mounting points there? The reason I ask is my friend owns an SR+ and he went to the SC to buy RSB endlinks. The SC told him he needs to source additional bolts to weld onto the rear subframe. Sounds odd but hoping you can shed some light.

@MountainPass a slightly off topic question for you. When you guys put in the LR RSB into the SR+, obviously end links were required. My question is if the SR+ needs any other modifications to install the RSB and endlinks? Are all the mounting points there? The reason I ask is my friend owns an SR+ and he went to the SC to buy RSB endlinks. The SC told him he needs to source additional bolts to weld onto the rear subframe. Sounds odd but hoping you can shed some light.

That's nonsense! You will need the sway bar (with bushing and brackets), end links, and 4 bolts to attach the brackets to the subframe. There are already threaded holes because Tesla would never make an SR+ specific subframe, we all know that!