TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Worth it? opinions please

Discussion in 'Model X' started by acesguerra, Jun 7, 2018.

1. acesguerra

acesguerra Member

Hi everyone.

My local 3rd party MB dealer has a 2016 P90D MX with 46,700 miles for $79k.

is this worth it since it will lose its warrenty in 4k miles, and how reliable or how expensive is it when something breaks.
    is this a hit or pass,

can i get this vehicle PPI at tesla?

Thank
    Ace

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#2 scottf200, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    That is a lot of miles and price seems to match that. See this: TrueCare list: Used Tesla Model X AWD P90D for Sale | 7 Used Model X AWD P90D Listings | TrueCar
    Still depending on your needs it could be a great ride. I owned one just like it before a deer accident. I roadtrip a lot so had 36K on mine 1 year ago.
    I own a used 100D X now and *really* like it for traveling as those extra miles (40-50) are really nice to arrive at the supercharger with a decent SOC (vs < 10).
    May be a good deal if it was really taken care of. If it was a Signature then it would be worth more but there were some glitches that needed fixing (FWD sensors for one).

If I were to pick a P90D vs a 100D, I would do the latter without a doubt, tho.

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Since it’s MB dealer bot Tesla negotiate to appro low 70s than would consider

4. acesguerra

acesguerra Member

Thanks for the info.

Well I’m a bit on the edge with warranty and being 4K miles of being out of warranty.
    50k and beyond would be a pretty pen to repair anything on it,

I’m sure there isn’t any 3rd party company that provides warranties

5. City Racer

City Racer Member

People sometimes forget that for an electric car, mileage matters a lot less than with an ICE car.