Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would anyone consider vertical/butterfly doors for their roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found an Elise....

39073.jpg

WOW!!!!!! Great job Palmer! As cool as it looks I think I like the normal door. The nice thing about the vertical doors however is it makes it easier to get in and out of tight places which, of course, I never park in:)

Wiztecy that Honda looks like it's ready to take off and fly away!!!!!

WOW!!!!!! Great job Palmer! As cool as it looks I think I like the normal door. The nice thing about the vertical doors however is it makes it easier to get in and out of tight places which, of course, I never park in:)

Wiztecy that Honda looks like it's ready to take off and fly away!!!!!

My factory-fresh door already sags. Lambo doors would just break off the hinges :)
And pardon my language but they look hideous.

I contemplated getting vertical doors, but for reasons wiztecy stated I would not get butterfly or gullwing doors. I got a rough estimate from Dietschwerks for $5,000.

Vertical doors come in many different styles. The best ones move out and then up without the operator from having to make the motion. It should be very fluid. Some of the lower end ones, it's like a gear shifter, you have to follow a pattern when opening and closing the door.

Just curious what it would look like and how functional it would be? Probably started thinking after reading the thread about the Falcon Doors for the MX

Being 6ft2 gullwing doors would give me less back problems !

There was an after market gull-wing roof available many years ago. It converted into a T-bar roof, or could be completely removed. *BUT* it was never reliable, had fibre glass cracking problems, leaked a lot in use, and leaked even more when opened in the rain when all the water fell back on the hinged area etc . . and basically the design was never really finished. Nice idea though ..

gullwingupgradebyhocuslotusnov2011_zps2f9ec6ec.jpg