Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would ET10 wheels work on a Model 3 (Knight Rider conversion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I've been working on making my Model 3 more like a modern version of KITT from Knight Rider (video links below). Now it just so happens a company in Japan makes the KITT 18" wheels, but they are PCD 120.65 ET 10.

My question is, with about 36mm sticking out rather than flush, just how bad (if bad at all) will this look? And will it cause functional issues such as wing damage?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Video part 1:
Video part 2:

• Disagree
Reactions: Sheefo2k
Furthermore does anyone know the answer to this bolt hole conundrum?
Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 13.59.34.png

Upvote 0
You have a bigger issue. The PCD is 4.75" but the Tesla is 4.5". It won't even slide on even if the holes are opened up to M14.

You'd need to do a ton of machining to the wheels to get the offset up to about +45 so you could run a 15mm spacer that also changed the PCD. At that point it could also change the stud diameter.

What you really need to do is look at the wheel and see if the backside can have 35mm of material taken off without an issue. Almost guaranteed that it cannot as they are not usually made to have studs that long with 1.5" of completely unused threads.

And is that ET10 +10 or -10? If it's -10 you need to take off 55mm.... I don't know how you get to 36mm of poke. Stock offsets are 35mm, so ET10 is either 25mm off or 45mm off depending on if it's +/-.

You really don't want to run offsets 20-40mm off- bad for wheel bearings, handling, and collisions with fenders.

FYI, pressing "power off" on the screen does not do what you think it does.

Upvote 0