Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you prefer your Tesla to have a Euro Style charge socket?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching youtube I learned that the Tesla cars in Europe have a different universal style socket.... looks like the chargers all have some sort of combo style plug that I assume meets some standardization requirement.

Do you wish we had that here in the US, or are there enough superchargers that it's a non-issue?

I vote for the ones most prolific here in the US. Right now, that’s the small proprietary Tesla one for our super chargers. As Electrify America (CCS, CHADeMO and J1772) and others deploy their (expensive to use) stations, then an adapter might be necessary. What I don’t want is 12 adapters. The adapter should be standardized just like the diameter of a gas pump spigot ASAP.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I vote for the ones most prolific here in the US. Right now, that’s the small proprietary Tesla one for our super chargers. As Electrify America (CCS, CHADeMO and J1772) and others deploy their (expensive to use) stations, then an adapter might be necessary. What I don’t want is 12 adapters. The adapter should be standardized just like the diameter of a gas pump spigot ASAP.
Too late. Sorry. :(

The reason most countries in the world chose Type2 and not Type1 is because
in most places 3-phase power is actually used everywhere.
In US/Japan (Nissan Leaf), even though 3phase is available, it is not used at residential homes.
Therefore it appeared that cars should only have pins for single phase.

It's better to have Type2 and in 70% of cases use just 1 phase than have Type1 socket and not
use 2 additional phases when they are available.

Exactly the same endless discussion with metric vs imperial.
It's better to have wrenches 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
rather than 5/32 3/16 7/32 1/4 9/32 5/16 11/32 3/8 7/16 15/32 1/2 17/32 9/16 19/32 5/8 21/32 11/16 3/4 25/32 13/16 7/8