Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you trade in an original MY SR for a new MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
SJ
So we were lucky enough to snatch one of the OG SRs (7 seater) back in 2021 when they were released for like a 6 week period. Car has been great these three years, zero complaints or issues, but we have been toying with the thought of trading it for a newer Y LR.

That said, given the relative scarcity of this SR (no idea how many were produced but it couldn't have been many) and the fact that we haven't really had any issues, is this something that would be worth holding on to?

*Would also love to hear from some other original SR owners on their thoughts and experiences :)

Reactions: z335is
We had a standard range Raven S that we traded for a Long Range Y and absolutely no regrets. Since you're debating going from SRY to LRY, if it was me I would certainly do it. I like the lower price/instant tax rebate now, extra range, updated MCU, HEPA filter, comfort suspension, etc...but it would also suck losing ultrasonic sensors IMO.

I only see Standard Range models losing more value over time compared to a used Long Range. The "rarity" of an SR Y does not increase its appeal, especially when range is paramount for an EV.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDude