Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapped center console in Alcantara

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried a different approach and covered the center console in "Alcantara". I like the result very much, the edges can be modelled very well (I've never used foil before - went well the first time). Can be easily fixed and removed again and tried again. In addition, the film is very "stretchy" ). Now the fabric has to be UV-resistant and get not red/brown. Maybe I'll find a better foil, which simulates the grey of the Model 3 Alcantara better. But it's a good proof of concept at least..

What do you think about it?

67x7t9q5.jpg

e6zpnbpm.jpg

wt4c2cro.jpg

gbqmilf7.jpg

6rm2esbx.jpg

i6szrg4z.jpg

Looks nice from regular viewing distance! Def like the subtleness of it!

I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I like how it matches the door panels and doesn't introduce a new color or surface finish. I would like the soft touch when opening and closing.

My 1 concern is and spills or splashes from being around the cupholders ... how is that working out?

If you are talking about purchasing Alcantara so you can "wrap" it yourself, there is only 1 distributor of Alcantara in the US -- Gulf Fabrics out of Miami area.There are some resellers through, but be cautious of imitation products that may discolor over time. I trimmed a lot of interior parts in Alcantara on my 997 Turbo. It isn't hard at all to do yourself...probably easier than vinyl wrap. I provided some diy instructions on how I did things here, but you can find other instructions on the web I'm sure.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
If you are talking about purchasing Alcantara so you can "wrap" it yourself, there is only 1 distributor of Alcantara in the US -- Gulf Fabrics out of Miami area.There are some resellers through, but be cautious of imitation products that may discolor over time. I trimmed a lot of interior parts in Alcantara on my 997 Turbo. It isn't hard at all to do yourself...probably easier than vinyl wrap. I provided some diy instructions on how I did things here, but you can find other instructions on the web I'm sure.

Awesome, thanks for the info!!!