TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wrong color Tesla avatar

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by CameronB, Jun 13, 2017.

1. CameronB

CameronB Member

Picked up my new white on white Model S. Most everything is great (Bluetooth audio streaming not working and one quite minor lower rocker panel needs adjustment). Really enjoying the car. AutoPilot has already proven useful.

But something unexpected I noticed was wrong...on my Tesla avatar (not sure if there is a proper/better name for it...enlighten me if so) that displays in both the driver binnacle display as well as the one that pops up on the center display when pressing the "T" and on some of the setting screens...has the wrong interior color. Functionally doesn't matter but was expecting to see the ultra white interior on the avatar but instead avatar has black interior.

Anyone else had the avatar be wrong from the factory? (Paint, interior, wheels, roof style, etc?)

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I don't know if the avatar comes in a different interior color. I take it the exterior color is correct?

I have a black interior, so mine has always looked right.

3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Call the Tesla help line, I think this is something they can change remotely. I know a few members are able to change their car color to reflect their custom wraps.. I wish I was that smart :p

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

I believe all avatars currently have the black interior.

5. CameronB

CameronB Member

Oh really? I see. I guess I presumed that because everything else matched actual car (all glass roof, exterior color, wheels) that interiors were likewise matched to real life colors. And in the design studio they also show the selected interior color in the various renders there, so I extrapolated that to be the same in the Binnacle avatar.

Guess I presumed wrong!

6. CameronB

CameronB Member

Can a few people with white, tan or gray (i.e non black) interiors post a photo of their binacle dashboard avatar just to put this thread to bed and conclusively prove that Tesla always uses black interiors in their avatars?

7. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

#7 MorrisonHiker, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Yeah, it's the same with the mobile app, I believe. Interiors are always black. For the record, I have grey seats and they show up as black. I know white seats show up as black too.

IMG_20170613_114330.jpg
    3595789699410973693-account_id=0.png

8. dpskipper

dpskipper Member

Yes, all interior is black on the MCU and phone app.

• Informative x 1
  9. CameronB

CameronB Member

Great. Thanks guys for setting me straight :)

• Like x 1
  10. gzerninplatz

gzerninplatz Member

..and I have a silver car, but had them change the color to dark gray, so that it wasn't so glaring on the display...