Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong color Tesla avatar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new white on white Model S. Most everything is great (Bluetooth audio streaming not working and one quite minor lower rocker panel needs adjustment). Really enjoying the car. AutoPilot has already proven useful.

But something unexpected I noticed was wrong...on my Tesla avatar (not sure if there is a proper/better name for it...enlighten me if so) that displays in both the driver binnacle display as well as the one that pops up on the center display when pressing the "T" and on some of the setting screens...has the wrong interior color. Functionally doesn't matter but was expecting to see the ultra white interior on the avatar but instead avatar has black interior.

Anyone else had the avatar be wrong from the factory? (Paint, interior, wheels, roof style, etc?)

I believe all avatars currently have the black interior.

Oh really? I see. I guess I presumed that because everything else matched actual car (all glass roof, exterior color, wheels) that interiors were likewise matched to real life colors. And in the design studio they also show the selected interior color in the various renders there, so I extrapolated that to be the same in the Binnacle avatar.

Guess I presumed wrong!

Oh really? I see. I guess I presumed that because everything else matched actual car (all glass roof, exterior color, wheels) that interiors were likewise matched to real life colors. And in the design studio they also show the selected interior color in the various renders there, so I extrapolated that to be the same in the Binnacle avatar.

Guess I presumed wrong!
Yeah, it's the same with the mobile app, I believe. Interiors are always black. For the record, I have grey seats and they show up as black. I know white seats show up as black too.

Can a few people with white, tan or gray (i.e non black) interiors post a photo of their binacle dashboard avatar just to put this thread to bed and conclusively prove that Tesla always uses black interiors in their avatars?
IMG_20170613_114330.jpg

3595789699410973693-account_id=0.png

Last edited: