Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong date on purchase order and how to confirm free premium Wi-Fi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the car on June 30 @ 11 PM PST. The order confirmation had the date 6/30/2018. The purchase agreement I received from Tesla has the date 7/1/2018. Does anyone know how if this can be changed? The delivery advisor said to contact customer service and said that the date can not be changed. However, I am not sure why they have the wrong date in the first place.
Secondly, how should I confirm if I have the free premium Wi-Fi. While configuring the car, it did say I have free premium Wi-Fi but its not mentioned in order confirmation or purchase agreement. So, how does one know if they have free premium Wi-Fi.

Thanks in advance.

...free premium Wi-Fi...

Wi-fi connection capability is included in base models and up.

Cellular data connectivity (for satellite-view maps, live traffic, streaming media, S&X internet browser...) is now "premium" starting from 7/1/2018 (about $100 annually.)

Sorry that I am of no help about the date correction.

...how do you know...

Premium Connectivity is very new so Tesla may not be fast enough to include the term in a purchase agreement.

If that's the case, there's no way to know it until Tesla will ask payment when 7/1/2019 or 1 year later comes (S,X, Premium Interior Model 3 got 1 free year.)

Tesla has a good history of keeping its words as long as you can prove your date of purchase.

If I remember correctly, as soon as I ordered it on Sunday, 5/13/2018 around 8:15PM, I got an e-mail with purchase agreement attached. Mine came with a correct date even on a non-working night.

When did your e-mail arrive? If it arrived prior to midnight that should be proof enough for Tesla to correct your date.

Reactions: jsrawa
We ordered on 6/27 and took this screen capture at the time.

IMG_6140.PNG

There was no reference to a Premium Connectivity package on the MVPA but on the MVPA's Vehicle Configuration page it shows "Accepted by Customer On" and lists our 6/26 date. On the Monroney Sticker under Interior it lists onboard maps and navigation, WiFi and Mobile network connectivity, FM and Internet streaming radio. Nothing listed specifically as Premium. No idea how the info appears if you ordered after July 1.

I ordered the car on June 30 @ 11 PM PST. The order confirmation had the date 6/30/2018. The purchase agreement I received from Tesla has the date 7/1/2018. Does anyone know how if this can be changed? The delivery advisor said to contact customer service and said that the date can not be changed. However, I am not sure why they have the wrong date in the first place.
Secondly, how should I confirm if I have the free premium Wi-Fi. While configuring the car, it did say I have free premium Wi-Fi but its not mentioned in order confirmation or purchase agreement. So, how does one know if they have free premium Wi-Fi.

Thanks in advance.
An Order Date is not the same as the Purchase Date. I ordered my car and I didn't purchase it until a month later. If you are really worried about the premium connectivity, then read the message above. It explicitly says "All orders placed" , that is, the Order Date, not the Purchase Date.

Premium Connectivity is very new so Tesla may not be fast enough to include the term in a purchase agreement.

When did your e-mail arrive? If it arrived prior to midnight that should be proof enough for Tesla to correct your date.

The email confirmation from Tesla did arrive on June 30.

We ordered on 6/27 and took this screen capture at the time.

I did not take a screen shot, but the initial purchase agreement does have the 6/30 date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.23.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.23.39 AM.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks Tam. However, how do you know if you have free premium wi-fi or have to pay for it? Is there something on the purchase agreement which mentions that free premium wi-fi is included?

It's not "Premium Wi-Fi" - it's built in LTE connectivity, with the secondary option to put the car on a conventional wifi network, if that's available. If you only had wi-fi connectivity, it would be nearly useless for downloading or streaming anything on the road (unless you were planning on having it just parked within reach of your home router all the time!)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hoang51
The email confirmation from Tesla did arrive on June 30.

I did not take a screen shot, but the initial purchase agreement does have the 6/30 date.

I agree with what @SMAlset said

You are all good!

You have both correct dates on your E-mail confirmation and your attached purchase agreement.

If Tesla will start to bill you, just show them 1 of 2 proofs above.

No worries! Enjoy your car and congratulations!

I did my order in the Palo Alto shop and they told me in person that wi-fi was base and that the slacker / nav / cell was $100 after 1 year.

That sort of how my BMW is and how my soon to be gone Jetta was (except when I went to renew on the Jetta in 2012 a year after buying the price was quoted to me at something like 3x more than when I had bought the car... probably because midway through I had had the dealer replace the stereo when it broke...)
- I mention that because... if down the road Tesla has to replace something here at their fault... do what I failed to do and get the new part covered uder your purchase agreements for “future subscribers”.

What happened to me in the Jetta is that a year in they listed me as a “non VW subscriber to Sirius” and wanted full retail for the enhanced package that my car was built for... and all I had was a repair contract from my dealer saying “maintenance done at 10,000 miles, radio examined.”

If slacker or google maps or anyone else is giving Tesla a package deal... and you get work done... they might try to pull you out of the package later on...
(Not that most people would care about slacker...)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I had the same issue. I paid that night but Tesla processed it the next day. Just keep that email handy and I would also forward to customer support and also call the 1-800 number and ask it to be noted. That’s what I did. And the rep actually was able to see my purchase.

I was finally able to get a response from them after escalating the issue. They wont change the date in the MVPA, but said that the email and initial purchase order is proof enough. I was also able to get confirmation from them that I have lifetime premium connectivity.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.