Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB - Model S | 2016.5 or 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTB
Model S
MY 2016.5 or 2017
Open to considering the full range of trim levels
Open to any color except blue or red

Options Wishlist:
AP2, Enhanced Autopilot or FSD enabled (would consider autopilot with convenience features)
Next Generation/Premium Seats
Transferable Free Supercharging
Transferable Warranty

I’m located in Chicago, but willing to travel for the right car/deal.
Thanks!

They stopped offering the option to unlock the software locked 60’s. If the car is traded in then Tesla unlocks them, unless something has changed back but that seems unlikely. Nothing wrong with a locked 60 though in my opinion.

That’s what I’ve found as well. You won’t find a CPO Model S 60, as Tesla unlocks all of them. But owners cannot unlock them.

You won't find a CPO Tesla period. Tesla discontinued their CPO program about a year ago. They sell used cars now that have not been refurbished & may have a questionable accident/repair history.

Although it is true that Tesla no longer refers to any of its used cars as “CPO”, they still do offer some very CPO-like benefits including a 4 years/50,000 miles warranty or 2 years/100,000 total miles extended warranty (depending on vehicle age and miles), 200 point mechanical and cosmetic inspection, 30-day premium connectivity trial, third-party clean (or repair) history report, etc. In many ways its comporable to a CPO program but CPO or not, it's advisable to have any used car independently checked out if/when possible.

Although it is true that Tesla no longer refers to any of its used cars as “CPO”[snip]
Good, we're in agreement. I'm glad you can see that. In an effort to avoid confusing the no longer existing CPO program with the used cars w/warranty they sell today let's just not call them CPO and give Tesla free use of that word when they clearly just throw everything they take in back out for sale as-is. Doesn't matter what condition it's in or if it was previously in an accident and repaired... they just sell anything and everything they take in on trade. This is a far cry from how the CPO program worked and I've already seen some incredibly let down when they finally got to take delivery of their car since their expectations were much higher given they thought these were CPO cars which they clearly aren't.

This would be the same as intentionally calling a 2016 90D a Raven model when it's clearly missing important aspects of what makes the Raven a Raven. And yet, a few people on this forum insist on doing exactly that which severs only to create more confusion and make them look foolish.

Good, we're in agreement. I'm glad you can see that. In an effort to avoid confusing the no longer existing CPO program with the used cars w/warranty they sell today let's just not call them CPO and give Tesla free use of that word when they clearly just throw everything they take in back out for sale as-is. Doesn't matter what condition it's in or if it was previously in an accident and repaired... they just sell anything and everything they take in on trade. This is a far cry from how the CPO program worked and I've already seen some incredibly let down when they finally got to take delivery of their car since their expectations were much higher given they thought these were CPO cars which they clearly aren't.

This would be the same as intentionally calling a 2016 90D a Raven model when it's clearly missing important aspects of what makes the Raven a Raven. And yet, a few people on this forum insist on doing exactly that which severs only to create more confusion and make them look foolish.

Tesla is still selective e.g., they don't sell (as in retail) cars beyond a certain age or with over 100,000 miles. Besides, even when Tesla officially had a CPO program there were plenty of complaints about cosmetic or mechanical/functional issues with the cars at delivery. Sure, they claimed to have a multi-point CPO inspection process but how well it had been done really varied. Additionally, even under the CPO program some cars they sold had previous accident/damage histories but were repaired to "Tesla standards." Not unlike today.

While calling a used car currently offered by Tesla "CPO" is technically incorrect, I don't think the overall quality, warranties, experience, etc. has ended up far off from when they did have a CPO program.

Tesla is still selective e.g., they don't sell (as in retail) cars beyond a certain age or with over 100,000 miles. Besides, even when Tesla officially had a CPO program there were plenty of complaints about cosmetic or mechanical/functional issues with the cars at delivery. Sure, they claimed to have a multi-point CPO inspection process but how well it had been done really varied. Additionally, even under the CPO program some cars they sold had previous accident/damage histories but were repaired to "Tesla standards." Not unlike today.

While calling a used car currently offered by Tesla "CPO" is technically incorrect, I don't think the overall quality, warranties, experience, etc. has ended up far off from when they did have a CPO program.

Without getting lost in the minutia it's still a different program so insisting on calling a car that isn't sold through the program you agree no longer exists make zero sense.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Without getting lost in the minutia it's still a different program so insisting on calling a car that isn't sold through the program you agree no longer exists make zero sense.

The "program name" issue we already agreed on. I was more commenting that I didn't feel Tesla's current used car sales process/program (including warranties, multi-point inspections, accident/damage history criteria, mileage limits, etc.) was significantly different overall than what they had during their "CPO" period.

The "program name" issue we already agreed on. I was more commenting that I didn't feel Tesla's current used car sales process/program (including warranties, multi-point inspections, accident/damage history criteria, mileage limits, etc.) was significantly different overall than what they had during their "CPO" period.
There are differences and it's the reason Tesla did away with the term CPO so we should too. We can certainly debate at what point Tesla changed the criteria that cars needed to meet that CPO standard and most will agree that it was prior to them actually discontinuing the program but we've got enough confusing sifting through all of this w/o intentionally calling cars that were never CPO as CPO cars. My effort is to try to get people to strike the term "CPO" from their lexicon other than those cars sold specifically during that program are done so in effort to clear up the waters that have become very cloudy. That's all. It would be like asking people to not use the term literally as punctuation when what they actually mean is figuratively.. or the exact opposite of the word they supplant it with. That's a whole other debate about what really grinds my gears though. :D

There are differences and it's the reason Tesla did away with the term CPO so we should too. We can certainly debate at what point Tesla changed the criteria that cars needed to meet that CPO standard and most will agree that it was prior to them actually discontinuing the program but we've got enough confusing sifting through all of this w/o intentionally calling cars that were never CPO as CPO cars. My effort is to try to get people to strike the term "CPO" from their lexicon other than those cars sold specifically during that program are done so in effort to clear up the waters that have become very cloudy. That's all. It would be like asking people to not use the term literally as punctuation when what they actually mean is figuratively.. or the exact opposite of the word they supplant it with. That's a whole other debate about what really grinds my gears though. :D

You should literally look up the definition of "literally" before being pedantic. CPO is used interchangeably with pre-owned/used car sales that include a warranty (like there rest of the auto industry).

If your deal doesnt work out
I just posted my model s 2016.5 ap2 being upgraded to ap3 fsd fusc transferrable cold weather pkg pup and sunroof. Silver on black w black slipstreams. Great shape 71,175 highway miles. Let me know. Thanks asking 49,995